Linden cycles service is rubbish

JTOG.NoFear

Well I only found about the hub now
word of advice then next time get a feel for the people on the forum before ranting about something and have the facts these boys and girls will troll your ass thats why i try not say to much this is my quota for the day

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of people taking the piss here lately :thumbdown: bit of a trend actually. Could warrant some attention from Admin me thinks ;)

More like checking IPs, browser user-agents, etc :)

Ban some of them outright! Do not pussy foot around with locking threads!

I agree and I haven't even let them touch my bike yet!

I've been standing in their shop now on two different occasions waiting (at least 25min) for my boyfriend (who loved the shop) and listening to how they treat customers and give advice....O MY HECK!

I actually told my boyfriend the last time (last week) when we left their shop (after he didn’t find what he wanted and also payed more for the 32GI than at other shops): "While I was waiting for you a few guys came to pick up their bikes after services and the one guy bought a new bike with service extras. I could clearly hear the brake noise still on the one when the one guy pulled it and when spun the wheel I could see it was miss-aligned, but the one Linden guy said ‘no, we have checked it’. The guy buying the new bike got the most useless tips and I bet you he will just bring it back to them to change a tyre with the way the guy explained to him.”

I know their business is to make money, and I am fully aware there are guys not technical at all (my boyfriend fell under those) but O MY HECK it is shocking to see the guys of Linden Cycles raping these poor guys!

That was the one day, the other day we were looking for a screw for my pivot at my rear shock they didn’t even phone back like they said they will (left my details) and when my loyal bf went back to them they gave him attitude…do they think their customers are non-expendable?

Of the two cycle shops I’ve been at in JHB, Northcliff gets my vote :) Yes, I am lucky in the sense that I can service most of my bike myself, will be more soon when I have the right tools (all accept shocks), but this leaves me feeling even more bad for the guys that cant and get ripped off.

NOTE to all ripping "JTOG.NoFear" off....his thread is infact in "Rant-'n-Rave" and I think he did good voicing his opinion here. Yes clearly he is a "newbee", but I can tell you all now, I learned a lot from the hub when I was new to the sport; like what to do, where to ride, which parts, easiest or cheapest ways of doing something, which people to take serious and who to avoid stepping on their toes, which insurance, what make bib and I can continue for a long time, SO PLEASE dont scare the guy away from here, he can only learn and in 12months he will probably be able to give great tips to other 'newbees'!

[i sometimes wonder if it is 'roadies' that is SO sensitive and frustrated :whistling: ] :P

So who is going to be the 1st to try and take my knees from under me?

Each JHB bike shop has advantages and disadvantages...

Mike's Bikes will service your bike like a finely tuned F1 car... but you pay for that. They also have the cabinet of bling containing parts that no other LBS will stock. And as for technical knowledge... between Mike, Jason, Jean and Ryan... they have all bases covered!

Cajees has some bargains... if you're willing to fight for them. If you're not, you'll get Tee-bagged! Their tech knowledge is even worse! Only go there if you know exactly what you want and you know what it's actually worth.

As for Linden... if you go their on a Saturday... you will wait. But that is becasue they're crazy busy... not just hanging out behind the counter on BBM. And they're busy because their prices are good. No 1 bike shop will have every item cheaper than every other shop (not even CRC). So whilst one might pay more for item A at Linden, chances are that items B, C, and D are cheaper.

I also like that they employ young cycling enthusiasts. Whilst these may just be "kids" in some people's eyes... who's better to know about the latest SRAM groupset or reviews on Shimano brakes than a kid who has a passion for the sport and has his nose in MBUK.

Bottom line is... there is no "one-stop-shop" for expert bike servicing, fancy parts, and rock bottom prices.

EDIT: not taking knees out Hayley... just adding my experience ;)

Edited by patches

JTOG.NoFear

Unless you have spoken to Joe told her about your problem and they still have not sorted it out its not cool practice to go out and flame a shop on a public forum .

and my friend your fact are horrid .

4 months later you pissed

you did not call the shop straight after the service to complain

you did not give them a chance to correct the problem

you got a mate to collect your bike

come on , you going to get flamed long before the shop does !

Edited by Iron

Each JHB bike shop has advantages and disadvantages...

Bottom line is... there is no "one-stop-shop" for expert bike servicing, fancy parts, and rock bottom prices.

Excellent point PATCHES !!!

I've also had a bad experience with Linden and have never been back. One of mates went down the same road with them as well, he's also never been back.

I've had excellent service from Solomon's Woodmead but then there's a thread here where somebody says they cr@p.

Tony Impey Cycles also gets a thumbs up from me.

But the best thing is to fix/service your own bike !!!!!!!!

I've been standing in their shop now on two different occasions waiting (at least 25min) for my boyfriend (who loved the shop) and listening to how they treat customers and give advice....O MY HECK!

I actually told my boyfriend the last time (last week) when we left their shop (after he didn’t find what he wanted and also payed more for the 32GI than at other shops): "While I was waiting for you a few guys came to pick up their bikes after services and the one guy bought a new bike with service extras. I could clearly hear the brake noise still on the one when the one guy pulled it and when spun the wheel I could see it was miss-aligned, but the one Linden guy said ‘no, we have checked it’. The guy buying the new bike got the most useless tips and I bet you he will just bring it back to them to change a tyre with the way the guy explained to him.”

I know their business is to make money, and I am fully aware there are guys not technical at all (my boyfriend fell under those) but O MY HECK it is shocking to see the guys of Linden Cycles raping these poor guys!

That was the one day, the other day we were looking for a screw for my pivot at my rear shock they didn’t even phone back like they said they will (left my details) and when my loyal bf went back to them they gave him attitude…do they think their customers are non-expendable?

Of the two cycle shops I’ve been at in JHB, Northcliff gets my vote :) Yes, I am lucky in the sense that I can service most of my bike myself, will be more soon when I have the right tools (all accept shocks), but this leaves me feeling even more bad for the guys that cant and get ripped off.

NOTE to all ripping "JTOG.NoFear" off....his thread is infact in "Rant-'n-Rave" and I think he did good voicing his opinion here. Yes clearly he is a "newbee", but I can tell you all now, I learned a lot from the hub when I was new to the sport; like what to do, where to ride, which parts, easiest or cheapest ways of doing something, which people to take serious and who to avoid stepping on their toes, which insurance, what make bib and I can continue for a long time, SO PLEASE dont scare the guy away from here, he can only learn and in 12months he will probably be able to give great tips to other 'newbees'!

[i sometimes wonder if it is 'roadies' that is SO sensitive and frustrated :whistling: ] :P

Thank you :)

Well done Hayley. I have belonged to many forums over the years, as and when my sport of choice has changed & there is always a lot of banter on newbies, controversial posts, etc....but what I have seen in some of the posts in the last few days really does not make me want to be associated with some of the bikers on this forum. Show some respect guys.

JTOG.NoFear

Unless you have spoken to Joe told her about your problem and they still have not sorted it out its not cool practice to go out and flame a shop on a public forum .

and my friend your fact are horrid .

4 months later you pissed

you did not call the shop straight after the service to complain

you did not give them a chance to correct the problem

you got a mate to collect your bike

come on , you going to get flamed long before the shop does !

My friend I just gave up ok because I sent it in for a full service and they dd nothing the first time so I sent it back and told them face to face the brakes don't work and my back wheel is still warping and my gears weren't good either, so the said sure will fix the problems and when it was finished I got my best friend to pick it up and no he will never steel my money because he gave me the receipt and I didn't have time to fetch it that's y my friends offered to pick it up for me... And they said to Him everything is working so he brought it to me and I wasn't impressed so I just left it and took it to someone who fixed my bike like a charm and I only found out about the hub now that's y I'm posting it now ...

My friend I just gave up ok because I sent it in for a full service and they dd nothing the first time so I sent it back and told them face to face the brakes don't work and my back wheel is still warping and my gears weren't good either, so the said sure will fix the problems and when it was finished I got my best friend to pick it up and no he will never steel my money because he gave me the receipt and I didn't have time to fetch it that's y my friends offered to pick it up for me... And they said to Him everything is working so he brought it to me and I wasn't impressed so I just left it and took it to someone who fixed my bike like a charm and I only found out about the hub now that's y I'm posting it now ...

Scan the receipt and post a copy on here. That way we can at least believe one part of your story.

FYI it is Johannesburg not Johanessburg as in your Location.

Hells Bells pal, pick up the phone, call Jonene, have a fat fit at her and try and claim your money back.

This is The Hub, not The OMO.

Scan the receipt and post a copy on here. That way we can at least believe one part of your story.

FYI it is Johannesburg not Johanessburg as in your Location.

Hey even our government spell it wrong :w00t:

OPENING ADDRESS BY THE MINISTER OF SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT, MS BATHABILE DLAMINI, AT THE POVERTY CONFERENCE HOSTED BY THE UNIVERSITY OF JOHANNESBURG AND BUSINESS LEADERSHIP SOUTH AFRICA, IN JOHANESSBURG.

http://www.dsd.gov.za/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=333&Itemid=82

Hey even our government spell it wrong :w00t:

OPENING ADDRESS BY THE MINISTER OF SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT, MS BATHABILE DLAMINI, AT THE POVERTY CONFERENCE HOSTED BY THE UNIVERSITY OF JOHANNESBURG AND BUSINESS LEADERSHIP SOUTH AFRICA, IN JOHANESSBURG.

http://www.dsd.gov.z...d=333&Itemid=82

Well, someone did suggest that the OP was Juju some pages back. And we know that he's been living it up in England. Maybe the OP meant London Cycles, not Linden Cycles…? :unsure:

No wonder the LBS struggled to assist you, you make NO sense.....

If you want to complain here, then state the detail.....you cannot tell me that the BIKE shop did "NOTHING" surely they adjusted something, cleaned the bike?

Or do you want to tell me that you collect your bike and pay and not notice that "nothing" was done?

You are slating a bikeshop without any grounds. Get your story straight and try and make sense in your post.

They did Nothing? Full service?(what is included in a full service?)

Every bike shops idea of a Full Service is different and you should ask what is included.

Is truing a wheel part of a Full service (please note it is wobbling or not true) "Warping" is a speed in Star Trek.....

Is replacing wheel bearings, or only grease it again part or a Full service?

Is replace all cable and housing part or the Full service?

Is just adjusting cables and gears part of a Full service?

Honestly LBS owners must have lots of patience!