ABSA poor service

Help.Me.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny this thread started. I just emailed them this morning detailing my banking fees and asked them to give a great explanation why I should not move to FNB for a 1/3 of the price. So far just an automated reply. Already contacted steve and they did reply with a few things, but I have to say when I emailed them again with a few more questions to be clarified suddenly I don't get a response. May be they saw th Scotamsn in me. They want to give me platinum but when i ready the benefits compared to the gold I could not see the R30 a month saving. No point me having Special Lounge treatment at the airport while the GF sits in the cattle tracks. No fun having a beer on your own.....

ABSA sucks.

Their credit card division called my 30min ago to inform me that my card has just gone over the (freakin' huge R1000) limit with a few hundred rand. And that I should pay up immediately or else. While I have them on the phone I log in and see that the wife just did a transaction for groceries. But that transaction should have been declined according to the rules. But somehow ABSA give the OK for the transaction and immediately my CC is in suspension. Even if I transfer funds into the CC it does not show for a 24-48 hour period. And I cannot use the garage card as well. ABSA is shrugging their shoulders and just tell me that "the system" (says with James Earl Jones voice) works like that.

I have been an ABSA client for many years and am pretty sure the system only started to behave like that the last few weeks. Calls to the bank manager and the private banker have fallen on deaf ears because they are all at the mercy of "the system".

Guess it's time to give Steve a call.

I had a similar issue with my Virgin CC (from ABSA!), what is the point of a limit if you can go over it?

FNB is definitely the bank to be with...

Yip they are client centric...the rest of the banks are playing catchup the whole time. See FNB launched another initiative this morning. Clients can now pay for a laptop over 24months or something like that.

Try getting vehicle border papers from them(ABSA)....what a joke.

Edited by rouxtjie

If something just gets done to these morons trying to help you and not actually doing anything, then i will be ok but ZERO gets done to them, no matter how they stuff up the business..........i wants to make their lives miserable but just moving my account feels like i am giving them the pleasure of just giving up!!!!!! I do not have enough words in my limited english vocabulary to describe how G@TVOL i am with them...... :cursing: :cursing: sorry for shouting and swearing but...............

Reason why they let you over the limit is so they can add a whole bunch of extra charges to your account. They are more than happy to put you in a disadvantaged position, thats how they make their money. Good clients are bad business so they adjust their systems to turn good clients to bad.

if you owe the bank a dollar it is your problem ,but if you owe them millions of dollars it is their problem.(rockefeller)

i do not like banks.

I moved from GAbsa to Nedbank and I am really glad I moved. In all respects Absa is pathetic - service, banking charges, supposed benefits.

Nedbank does have its problems, but its nothing compared to Absa.

Mate at work the other day they asked him if they can post his CC to him which they did. He receives it only to find out it is the new absa one with the chip, so he still had to go to a bank to get a pin number....... If only they had explained he could have made one trip just to the bank to collect and get a pin. #sigh

I checked FNB's site I can get a Gold Cheque account WITH an Ipad if i wanted and I would still be saving on fee's I pay to Absa.... time for a change me thinks....

funny things is a short while ago FNB came back to me in less than 20min after sending them an email :clap:

Use to bank at Absa, and here's my story

SO, my magnetic strip on my card stopped working one december, i was on leave, so was dressed in slops, t shirt and had not shaved for an extended period of time and was possibly hung over.

So i went into a branch asking for assistance and was treated like ****.

So in then first week of Jan, I went to Nedbank looking almost the same as i did at absa, I said I was there to open an account and was asked to take seat. All the consultants were busy, the a lady approached me and asked if she could help me, and I advised that I might want to open an account and she led me to her office and assisted me! This lady was the BRANCH MANAGER. That first impression has stuck with me and i have only received good service since then.

if you owe the bank a dollar it is your problem ,but if you owe them millions of dollars it is their problem.(rockefeller)

i do not like banks.

I agree. Its like they are a necessary evil

Agreed..............ABSA is useless. I had 2 accounts with them and administered a Sport's Club account with them too. Closed all three and moved to FNB. Much better

The best (fastest, most friendly/helpful, etc) service that I received from Absa in my 20+ years banking with them was when I went in to close my Absa accounts. Seems they have that process ironed out :ph34r:

Man I thought I was the only one that experienced that service. Me after 26 years moved last year Apr to Investec...can't compare ?