Post your Pyga

PYGA1

Phone the Stirlings at Revolution cycles

021 423 5191

G

Guys, I need some assistance with a BB replacement. Called around and no one appears to have stock in Cape Town. Or they don't understand what I require, as per the Pyga website, I need the following:

Shimano pressfit BB91 or pressfit BB71 The code on the side of the BB states 91 - 41 A.

Spoke to a guy and he said they have a 71 and that it's the standard Shimano crank so they all fit?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tall dude on a L Pascoe or is it just the pic that makes the bike look a little dwarfed? 

I am quite tall (1.94) and that is a large.. haha. Probably the first bike I've owned that actually fits.

Guys, I need some assistance with a BB replacement. Called around and no one appears to have stock in Cape Town. Or they don't understand what I require, as per the Pyga website, I need the following:

Shimano pressfit BB91 or pressfit BB71 The code on the side of the BB states 91 - 41 A.

Spoke to a guy and he said they have a 71 and that it's the standard Shimano crank so they all fit?

The cups are the same. 

http://www.buycycle.co.za/en/components/mtb-en/bottom-brackets-en/shimano-bb/shimano-saint-sm-bb71-41c-pressfit-bottom-bracket.html

Thanks Pipsqueak, that was also suggested , will have a look at Olympic. They have.

The spacer is the same, so just make sure you replicate your current setup. I usually use the same plastic tube from my old BB - the new one may be a different length, so just check.

Guys, I need some help. I'm maybe going to be forced to sell my pride and joy Pyga 110 29er. Most of the parts is almost new with less than 300km on, except for the frame. Bought the frame second hand and built the bike up with 90% new parts

Specs:

140mm Fox Float 34 Kashima

XTR Rear Derailleur with clutch

XT Crank

XTR Cassette

X9 Chain

XTR ISPEC B Shifters that mounts directly onto my XT Ispec B brakes

Loaded 45mm stem with 780mm Rapide Handlebar

ZTR Arch Wheels on hope hubs with ICE Tech XT rotors. Ardent front and Ikons rear

Pro seatpost with rapide saddle. 

My Q is, what is the bike worth?

post-14677-0-87778800-1433341237_thumb.jpg

Guys, I need some help. I'm maybe going to be forced to sell my pride and joy Pyga 110 29er. Most of the parts is almost new with less than 300km on, except for the frame. Bought the frame second hand and built the bike up with 90% new parts

Specs:

140mm Fox Float 34 Kashima

XTR Rear Derailleur with clutch

XT Crank

XTR Cassette

X9 Chain

XTR ISPEC B Shifters that mounts directly onto my XT Ispec B brakes

Loaded 45mm stem with 780mm Rapide Handlebar

ZTR Arch Wheels on hope hubs with ICE Tech XT rotors. Ardent front and Ikons rear

Pro seatpost with rapide saddle. 

My Q is, what is the bike worth?

140mm fork on a PYGA 110?

What is the fork recommended for the frame.

140mm fork on a PYGA 110?

What is the fork recommended for the frame.

120 - 140mm suitable. 140mm Highly recommended. From the man himself...

I had a 140mm fork on mine - makes for a super trail bike.

Edited by Ryanpmb

Hey guys, I am finding that I am only using around 70% of shock travel on my ONETWENTY despite running 30% sag and trying many combinations with compression/rebound damping (I weigh around 70kg with gear on). Is it possible to run it more than 30% - without sacrificng TOO much in terms of pedal bob?. I see that on the pyga website it mentions that the 110 can be run with 40% sag and though that seems pretty high to me, I don't see the point of having 120mm travel at the back when I am barely using 100mm of it. I know the suspension design means it ramps up towards the end, will increasing sag necessarily mean utilising more travel?

What do you guys recommend?   

Hey guys, I am finding that I am only using around 70% of shock travel on my ONETWENTY despite running 30% sag and trying many combinations with compression/rebound damping (I weigh around 70kg with gear on). Is it possible to run it more than 30% - without sacrificng TOO much in terms of pedal bob?. I see that on the pyga website it mentions that the 110 can be run with 40% sag and though that seems pretty high to me, I don't see the point of having 120mm travel at the back when I am barely using 100mm of it. I know the suspension design means it ramps up towards the end, will increasing sag necessarily mean utilising more travel?

Why do you feel that you need to use all the travel? 

I have the same bike. I use about 35% sag and I've never felt a bottom out.