Post your Pyga

PYGA1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, was virtually nothing. 5% was jut an arbitrary number i stuck in. My bad,..... But still i get virtually no sag on the shock when i sit on it. I can feel the saddle dips a bit but not lots.

Are those pedals any good? Does that extra platform actually work? Tired of stripping CB pedals every year.

I like them a lot more than the standard XT or XTR ones. In gnarly situations they are easier to "find" and even provide reasonable support when not clicked in.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-B5SlN_kdqL8/Uk6ZKn6E3mI/AAAAAAAARbE/Iin8BFu4xFo/s320/CBmanual.jpg

Edited by Doezel

Ordered my new Pyga oneten29 last week, recieving it hopefully next week, it's being built in somerset west by Velolife, it's my first proper mountain bike, being very spoilt for an early birthday present from my dad. Absolutely caught the mountain biking bug in the new year after riding at home in natal and now at varsity in Stellenbosch. Pictures to come next week.

Specs:(any comments or suggestions would be appreciated)

Wheels: DTSwiss 29’ 485D with SLX Hubs

Tyres: Continental Race King 29X2.2 Fold-up

Crank: Shimano Deore Triple

Brake lever and calliper set: Non-series Brake Set

Shifters: SLX Shifters 3 X10SOD

Derailleurs: Front SLX Derailleur and Rear SLX Derailleur

Cassette: Shimano Deore 11-36T 10SPD

Seatpost:BGM Race-pro 400X27.2mm

Handlebar: Scor MKII 720mm Flat bar

Stem: Syntace stem 110mm, 100mm R210.54

Saddle: Speed Defies Gravity

Rockshox recon front fork 120mm travel

Post pics once you receive

Dammit

Lets try posting again.

Welcome, again, and damm you right in the middle of Mountain bike Heaven.

Have you changed that seat post to a 30.9 test, otherwise you better stock up on those shims.

G

Post pics once you receive

I like them a lot more than the standard XT or XTR ones. In gnarly situations they are easier to "find" and even provide reasonable support when not clicked in.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-B5SlN_kdqL8/Uk6ZKn6E3mI/AAAAAAAARbE/Iin8BFu4xFo/s320/CBmanual.jpg

Oh flip, I've studied that manual so many times. My dining room table is covered in grease stains from ripping those things apart.

One more question for owners of Pyga OneTen : I don't feel any change whatever is the position of the flood gate level of the Monarch rear shock (blue level) . Is it a subtle change or is it my shox which need to be serviced ?

I'm talking from experience with a 120. There's a big difference on mine between settings.

Set sag on the open setting - you can run the monarch with much less pressure than you think. I weight 82 and I'm just under 100psi. I would set 30% sag at the back and go from there. That bike doesn't seem to bottom out very easily, so just watch the rubber ring after a rowdy ride and see where you end up. I also find that I need the rebound three clicks back from the rabbit to hit the sweet spot. Otherwise it just jams up.

Then, when you switch to "pro pedal" you should feel the bike riding a bit higher.

I had the same problem with an 2012 monarch RT3: no difference in all 3 positions of the blue lever. had to send it in to get it repepaired (was on a Titus Carbon Rockstar)

Yes, I must have same issue, I'll send it to be repaired. Out of that I'm still amazed by capacity of the bike to go fast on the downhill sections, even rocky :w00t:

Concerning rear shox setting, I ve update IFP chambre préssure down to 230 psi, and and it's much better for me, a good advice for Light riders.

Edited by Nicolo38

Dad said I don't have to pay him back for this beauty if I pass 2nd year medicine. Enjoying riding it so much looks like I'll have to start forking out...

Thanks to Will the Anaesthetist and Revolution Cycles! Rev Cycles know how to look after their customers!

Oh ja, I really need a dropper post to complete my setup. Can anybody help/point me in the right direction?

post-46099-0-75003400-1396196550_thumb.jpg

post-46099-0-04843300-1396196551_thumb.jpg

Edited by PotgieterDan

Thomson and Rock shock both have nice dropper posts

Congrats and welcome to the Pyga gang

G

Dad said I don't have to pay him back for this beauty if I pass 2nd year medicine. Enjoying riding it so much looks like I'll have to start forking out...

Thanks to Will the Anaesthetist and Revolution Cycles! Rev Cycles know how to look after their customers!

Oh ja, I really need a dropper post to complete my setup. Can anybody help/point me in the right direction?