Post your Pyga

PYGA1

Thanks Ryan! Will be running 38T large chainring with the 12/36 cassette. Will medium cage still do or should i go for long cage?

Please be advised that if you are running a single ring crank with a 38t or 36t ring. The chainring might get very close to the frame because of the short chainstay. Spacing may be required on the BB shaft in order to keep the chainring off the frame. If you are using a double crank without the granny then this shouldn't be an issue. An XX1 setup with a 38t needs 3 spacers on the drive side to keep the ring from touching the frame, this also doesn't leave much "meat" on the non drive side for the crank arm.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Ryan! Will be running 38T large chainring with the 12/36 cassette. Will medium cage still do or should i go for long cage?

Med cage might work. Personally, I'd run a long cage with that setup. Shimano will confirm the required RD on their website specs.

Hi there

Since I haven't seen a price difference, why not JUST go for a long cage. Safety...

G

Hi,

On my Pyga Oneten, I'm not 100% satisfied with the Monarch shox, looking for some Plusher feel.

As any one tryed to fit a Fox Shox with 190x51 size ?

I know it's a bit longer than stock shox (184x44m), but once sitted with 30% SAG the difference is only few millimeters.

Any feedback ?

Edited by Nicolo38

Best length handlebars with a 60mm stem for the One Twenty?

I'm 182cm riding a large frame.

Cheers!

Cheers!

Around 720mm bru.. ;-)

Hi,

On my Pyga Oneten, I'm not 100% satisfied with the Monarch shox, looking for some Plusher feel.

As any one tryed to fit a Fox Shox with 190x51 size ?

I know it's a bit longer than stock shox (184x44m), but once sitted with 30% SAG the difference is only few millimeters.

Any feedback ?

The extra length won't be a problem, the thickness of the sanction might, the tolerances are quite tight between the frame and the standard shock near the bottom mount. Best thing to do is go to your local bike shop and have them quickly try fit a shock with the dimensions of the shock you are looking to install.

Please be advised that if you are running a single ring crank with a 38t or 36t ring. The chainring might get very close to the frame because of the short chainstay. Spacing may be required on the BB shaft in order to keep the chainring off the frame. If you are using a double crank without the granny then this shouldn't be an issue. An XX1 setup with a 38t needs 3 spacers on the drive side to keep the ring from touching the frame, this also doesn't leave much "meat" on the non drive side for the crank arm.

40T on an XT double crank fits just fine.

Cheers!

Stem and bar length are a personal preference and best decided on a proper bike fit bringing your riding style and requirements into account...

Yeah I said in my post that a double ring crank won't be an issue.

Confirming that I've fitted a double with a 40T and run it just fine :thumbup: .

would be interesting to know how many of each of the models are out there now.

G

Pyga owners some advice please.

I currently ride a carbon 29HT which is very race orientated. I ride mostly XCO (not threatening the podium :ph34r: ) and marathons and am looking at stage races from next year. My 29HT is a large and weighs in at 11kg and running a 1x10 set-up. I would like to get a full suspension, probably year end for the above purposes. I do however push hard during these events and enjoy riding on the limit.

I have read this thread more than 2x and others web pages on the Pyga. So I am pretty clued up on the specs etc. I am seriously looking at a pyga oneten29.

I have the following questions (sorry for the long list but you guys have the knowledge :thumbup:

1. I would need a large frame. (1.84m tall) Would I be able to get the total weight down to 11 - 11.5kg by any chance? I know with high end parts possibly but I am looking at Sram XO at most and possibly american classic wheelset. I will definitely run a 1x10 again with a wolftooth chainring and 42t.

2. Can I run a 110mm fork or will a 120mm be better. Is there a huge difference between 110mm and 120mm? Let me add here that the XCO obstacles are becoming increasing more challenging (steeper and rockier with more drop offs) and I still have a lot to learn in terms of my technical skills. So please keep that in mind. I climb pretty well but am over cautious on the downhills due to the sketchy handling of the HT. It aint made for fast going down rocky descents or it is just me been cautious.

3. How does the Pyga oneten29 climb? any bobbing while standing? Would I need to lock out the shock, or is there a happy setting which minimizes bobbing while climbing and is sufficiently compliant for the downhills?

4. Any suggestions on fork, shock combinations and wheelsets?

5. Is it possible, at a later stage, to have internal routing for a dropper post? i am not a fan of the external dropper post cable and woulfd prefer to go the stealth way. Would it be easy to do and how would it affect the frame warranty? i know that my weight preference will be in jeopardy here.

6. What are your Pyga oneten weights out there? I know there are many 12.5kg plus but are they a heavy 12.5kg or do they ride like a lighter bike?

My other option is a Momsen Vipa which I know will be awesome and fast. it is a race orientated bike afterall. But my last question is can I get the Pyga oneten29 to be as fast?

Looking forward to your replies.

Pyga owners some advice please.

I currently ride a carbon 29HT which is very race orientated. I ride mostly XCO (not threatening the podium :ph34r: ) and marathons and am looking at stage races from next year. My 29HT is a large and weighs in at 11kg and running a 1x10 set-up. I would like to get a full suspension, probably year end for the above purposes. I do however push hard during these events and enjoy riding on the limit.

I have read this thread more than 2x and others web pages on the Pyga. So I am pretty clued up on the specs etc. I am seriously looking at a pyga oneten29.

I have the following questions (sorry for the long list but you guys have the knowledge :thumbup:

1. I would need a large frame. (1.84m tall) Would I be able to get the total weight down to 11 - 11.5kg by any chance? I know with high end parts possibly but I am looking at Sram XO at most and possibly american classic wheelset. I will definitely run a 1x10 again with a wolftooth chainring and 42t.

No - you won't. You'll get it closer to 12kg, not close to 11kg.

2. Can I run a 110mm fork or will a 120mm be better. Is there a huge difference between 110mm and 120mm? Let me add here that the XCO obstacles are becoming increasing more challenging (steeper and rockier with more drop offs) and I still have a lot to learn in terms of my technical skills. So please keep that in mind. I climb pretty well but am over cautious on the downhills due to the sketchy handling of the HT. It aint made for fast going down rocky descents or it is just me been cautious.

The frame is designed around a 120mm (and runs a 140mm just fine). As you said - there's hardly any difference - opt for the longer travel that the bike is designed for.

3. How does the Pyga oneten29 climb? any bobbing while standing? Would I need to lock out the shock, or is there a happy setting which minimizes bobbing while climbing and is sufficiently compliant for the downhills?

Like a mountain goat. Although the bikes are a bit porky, I don't notice the extra weight on the climbs (I have a sub 10kg Niner HT too). If the rear shock is setup correctly there will be a little bob when fully open, but I experience no bob in the "propedal" (to use the Fox term) mode...

4. Any suggestions on fork, shock combinations and wheelsets?

Frame comes with a RS Monarch, which I quite like. Appropriate forks would be RS Reba, Rev, Pike... An interesting option is the new X Fusion offerings too.

5. Is it possible, at a later stage, to have internal routing for a dropper post? i am not a fan of the external dropper post cable and woulfd prefer to go the stealth way. Would it be easy to do and how would it affect the frame warranty? i know that my weight preference will be in jeopardy here.

At this stage, not without drilling the frame. I wouldn't advise it.

6. What are your Pyga oneten weights out there? I know there are many 12.5kg plus but are they a heavy 12.5kg or do they ride like a lighter bike?

Most seem to be 12 - 13kgs. Owners and those who have ridden them will tell you they don't ride as if they're this heavy.

My other option is a Momsen Vipa which I know will be awesome and fast. it is a race orientated bike afterall. But my last question is can I get the Pyga oneten29 to be as fast?

Reading your opening explaination, I'd be tempted to suggest the ViPa. But then, none of my XCO junkie mates want to run dropper posts... The PYGA OneTen is a VERY good all round, fun, trail weapon that can be enjoyed on an XCO course and on pretty gnarly Enduro type trails. They're a little on the heavy side but spec'd well and setup well you will ALWAYS be left with a grin after a ride :thumbup: .

Edited by Ryanpmb

Here is my ride for the week.

Spec highlights:

• Large oneten frame
  • X-fusion Trace RL2 - 140mm
  • Shimano XT crank with Hope 32t
  • Shimano XT rear Mech
  • Saint Shifter
  • Chris King hubs / Stans Flow Ex
  • Hope Tech evo M4
  • 13.65kg

post-14795-0-69537600-1401799317_thumb.jpg