Post your Pyga

PYGA1

Don't worry Luke, I think Nico was actually just surprised that it didn't get a sparkling review, knowing how highly rated it is around here.

Anyway, looking forward to the pics!

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with most of those reviews is that they review the whole package.

If the test bike is specced with an entry level fork, or crappy tyres it pulls down the overall rating.

You need to look deeper and see what they say as far as frame geometry and frame quality is concerned to make up your own mind.

A bike like a Pyga would most likely be custom built, so would be completely different to one reviewed by a magazine.

Ya no to be honest iv only read good reviews on the oneten29, would anybody know where I could go to read more reviews and get tips on Pyga's and that kind of thing? Iv tried searching google and YouTube but not to many reviews, iv found maybe 4 or 5.

Luke you're going to love that bike. If it was my build I'd probably go for a slightly more aggressive tyre up front than a Race King...maybe chat to Malan and the boys at Velo re recommending an alternative. What color frame are you getting?

Luke you're going to love that bike. If it was my build I'd probably go for a slightly more aggressive tyre up front than a Race King...maybe chat to Malan and the boys at Velo re recommending an alternative. What color frame are you getting?

Tyga, thanks for the post and suggestions, I'll keep that in mind, I am a novice rider at the moment so doubt I'll feel too much of a difference at the start, but as I develop I'll be sure to take your advice, unless you suggest I ask them for the more aggressive tire first up? I was of the opinion the new oneten frames only come in green, it has been ordered for me direct from Patrick Morewood so I suppose I'll get what he gives me.

Just ride the bike. If you only have 1 bike the 110 is hard to beat. Anywhere.

Thanks pipsqueak, very keen to ride it.

If you're studying at Stellies you'll be riding Jonkers and Eden for sure, I would def have gone for something with a bit more grip up front.....also...wintermud is coming! Remember it may not for now be to get yourself to push the envelope right away but when you overcook it into a corner unexpectedly it might save you some skin. Re stem length I have no idea re your dimensions so have no place commenting on it... Chat to the bikeshop rather.

Edited by TYGA

Shot for the comment bud. One way to kill someone's excitement.

Was certainly not my intension. I was surprised by the review because I know the Pyga is an amazing machine. I would love one.

The mbr critisism was aimed at:

- it's very heavy;

- the seat tube extends very high;

- the spec was crap (not pyga's fault);

As far as the frame is concerned it's all positive other than the geometry being old school, but I don't see that as a bad thing.

Sorry if I was a killjoy! Not meant to be!

The mbr critisism was aimed at:

- it's very heavy;

- the seat tube extends very high;

- the spec was crap (not pyga's fault);

As far as the frame is concerned it's all positive other than the geometry being old school, but I don't see that as a bad thing.

Interesting.

-Yes, it's not light (I think my brother's Intense Tracer weighs less.

-Yes, the seat tube does extend high, but in proportion to the top tube is purposefully low to provide excellent standover height. Also, on a large the top tube lines flow almost perfectly into the seat stays, which gives it that subtle sleek "something just looks right about this bike" feel.

-As for specs, pffft.

-Even if the geometry is old school, the ride's not at all...

Tyre I'd look at the Mountain King, x-King or even the Hans Damph (lots of mud)

Rear I'm running the Race King.

And yes this year only comes in green.

Stem wise Pat and the guys suggest 50/60mm, I've found my bike most comfy for ME with a 80mm.

G

PS: I have the One twenty650, but should not be that different, absolutely love the bike.

Been playing with idea to build a Chinese carbon Hard Tail, but haven't started, keep on thinking, but why... and then next second, but why not.

Depending what I decide, might have a set of BRAND NEW ZTR Crest 29'ers for sale with Hope hubs (Stans Tubeless conversion done),

Anyone else read MBR's review of the OneTen29? Surpisingly lukewarm.

Edited by awesme

But in all seriousness, if you don't ride a Pyga on challenging terrain, its harder to get a sense of its character. If the testers rode it around some jeep track then there would be a mediocre response. Point it down some real stuff and the hairs on your arms stand up.