Post your Pyga

PYGA1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ryan

I can confirm, I also run a 3x10 with a 11-34 and it works nicely.

I actually seldom use the granny in the front, but it does come in very handy when the track suddenly points to the moon, you can climb anything out, just keep on spinning that crank.

G

11-34 will be fine with a 3x crank.

If you move to 2x, I'd suggest a 11-36.

Interesting, I think I previously looked and could not find a 12x142 or whas it the front 15mm that I could not find, can't really remember.

Wanted to put together some 29er hoops, all the easton options was complete wheel sets, so using a non Easton hub was not a option.

Do you get the Easten Haven in a 27.5 hoops size now?

G

Hi G,

The Easton hubs are Easton Haven MTB Wheelset

• Black - Mag, 29", 20mm Front & 142mm x 12mm Rear,

Hi Ryan

I actually seldom use the granny in the front, but it does come in very handy when the track suddenly points to the moon, you can climb anything out, just keep on spinning that crank.

G

Heh G tried that blue route after the zig zag back to the car park....got lost and ended up back by yafta.

hehehe

we can meet up sometime and I'll show it to you quickly.

G

Heh G tried that blue route after the zig zag back to the car park....got lost and ended up back by yafta.

Hi Ryan

G

Yeah it's the standard 3x setup. Your middle chain ring should be a 32 - what most guys run on a 1x setup these days. That or a 34.

hehehe

we can meet up sometime and I'll show it to you quickly.

G

cool sounds like a plan, followed the 3 black arrows. Let me know are you keen for a quick ride tmw sometime.

Do you get the Easten Haven in a 27.5 hoops size now?

G

damn would like some of those carbon Easton haven's on the pascoe.

ODIs are just so nice

My favourite and most of my riding buddies use the ODI Rogues. I don't think I will ever use anything else.

Johnsons' Cycle Works in Edenvale sells clear, flexible tape by the running metre .... about 80 Rondts (bargain!) per running metre if memory serves, about 4cm wide .... the type they use in motor sports on cars and bikes.It flexes when applied so you can get it to bend on frame curvatures, etc. and is very tough.Best kept secret ... call the owner, Kim Johnson - great guy - 011 453 9586.I personally dislike the Birzman strips as, when they get tatty and you need to remove them, they leave a horrible residue that only comes off with meths and muchos elbow grease.

It's on the wife's custom silver Pascoe. She will get the residue off chop chop :lol:

For myself I got a roll of that black textured industrial strength duct tape as I unfortunately already have a number of chips close to and on the bottom of my taxi yellow BB shell. It's not even all underneath the downtube, had to wrap it a little around and up the sides. Aggressive riding over loose will do that :(

Edited by Robodog