Enduro/trail guys how do you keep your camel bak bladder clean/fresh

Unclerico

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good tip to clean the tube once it has gone rotten. Use an old brake or gear cable , push the end with the barrel on through the tube, wrap some kitchen towel around it and pull back through the tube, repeat

Two by Four

Keep it clean, what's that?

I only use water in my camelbak, call it an experiment if you will, but I have not cleaned it since Sani, and it;s still perfectly clean. I top the water up before every ride, and check whether the sides are slimy.

I'll wash it once the bag gets slimy.

BTW has anyone seen this goodie from Buycycle.co.za, 1.2l, might get it, as I cannot put bottles in my Yeti's frame

http://www.buycycle.co.za/images/detailed/12/veleau-1.jpg

That is such a K@K idea for mountainbiking.

You are taking weight higher up on the frame vs keeping it lower in a waterbottle, getting off the back of the saddle on tech sections will prove to be entertaining and I am sure you will get your dangles caught up.

That tube on the frame is also shocking ... also remember with such a long exposed hose, the fluid in the hose will heat up rather nicely in summer .... if you enjoy hot drinks then this might be the ticket.

I recon that dingis is good for touring or boring graded roads.

Just my 5c as we do not trade in 2c currency in this country anymore.

I only use water in my salomon bag. Wash it once a year with milton. I've left water in it for ten days and still been able to drink it. If I ride friday I just top it up for sunday. No issues. Although at the moment there's so much water in tokai its better to drink from a stream as it crosses the dh track!

Guest Omega Man

Remember when there was a rat tailed maggot problem in some of the water in Cape Town?

Filled up my bag at Tokai. Got a bit of a blockage. Gave an extra hard suck. Horrible. Just Horrible.

Ah man thats sif.

almost as bad as going on a berg hike, drinking the water from a stream and then hiking up another 400m along the stream to find that the waterfall is landing on a putrefying cow that died there. It was all foamy.....

Guest Omega Man

Ah man thats sif.

almost as bad as going on a berg hike, drinking the water from a stream and then hiking up another 400m along the stream to find that the waterfall is landing on a putrefying cow that died there. It was all foamy.....

EWWWW!

Remember when there was a rat tailed maggot problem in some of the water in Cape Town?

Filled up my bag at Tokai. Got a bit of a blockage. Gave an extra hard suck. Horrible. Just Horrible.

Hey, at least you saved a few bucks on protein supplements...

Omnomnomnomnom...

Guest Omega Man

Hey, at least you saved a few bucks on protein supplements...

Omnomnomnomnom...

hahaha. That is just wrong.

Keep it clean, what's that?

I only use water in my camelbak, call it an experiment if you will, but I have not cleaned it since Sani, and it;s still perfectly clean. I top the water up before every ride, and check whether the sides are slimy.

I'll wash it once the bag gets slimy.

BTW has anyone seen this goodie from Buycycle.co.za, 1.2l, might get it, as I cannot put bottles in my Yeti's frame

http://www.buycycle.co.za/images/detailed/12/veleau-1.jpg

If you can ignore the fact that it makes it look like your bike has an enormous scrotum, I'd say go for it...

Thats just GROSS.... :drool:

hahaha. That is just wrong.

Says the man who noshed a maggot?

Don't let it get to you, you're not a cyclist unless you've eaten a few bugs in your time. When I was a roadie I remember the Vissershok descent was pretty good for that sort of thing.

Guest Omega Man

Says the man who noshed a maggot?

I can still remember the feeling of that fecker wriggling in my mouth. I didn't eat it. i spat it out. Along with most of my breakfast. Hahaha.

If you can ignore the fact that it makes it look like your bike has an enormous scrotum, I'd say go for it...

Hahahahaha!

Reminds me of the Emo Philips joke:

I asked a man in the waiting room at the doctor's why he was there.

He said: "I have the worst case of piles you have ever seen."

I asked: "Is that why you're sitting on that bean bag?"

He said: "Look again…"

Hahahahaha!

Reminds me of the Emo Philips joke:

I asked a man in the waiting room at the doctor's why he was there.

He said: "I have the worst case of piles you have ever seen."

I asked: "Is that why you're sitting on that bean bag?"

He said: "Look again…"

And suddenly a manky bladder doesn't seem so bad...

Edited by droo

And suddenly a manky bladder doesn't seem so bad...

Hahahahaha!

And back to the hydration pack in question. I've ridden with it a bit, and it works okay. Still cold at the mo' so I can't comment about juice getting warm in the tube. One thing that does concern me it the ratchet system that holds it in place. May not be the best thing for seriously technical stuff, or for those with a propensity for crashing a lot.