Hubber arrested with stolen goods in his possession...

EVOBIKES ONLINE STORE

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The op said that he 'unknowingly' bought stolen parts. If I were to buy parts 'unknowingly' I would not want my name dragged through the mud on the Hub.

Naas is doing the right thing by not giving up his name.

The op said that he 'unknowingly' bought stolen parts. If I were to buy parts 'unknowingly' I would not want my name dragged through the mud on the Hub.

Why open the thread in the first place ?

We would have been better off not knowing anything.

The OP, if anything, should have waited until the person in question has appeared in court. Then it would be fair game.

Who remembers Staal Burger and his trusty aide Willem. Who of you were Patrys speurders and Rooi Ridders.

And we had to tune in to the radio to hear the english audio feed!

No ways. Now u bought back a memory from the dead. I still remember tuning the channel with the dial on my parents twin tape deck hifi. U know the Phillips hifi with the red border and had the equilizers. Seemed every friends parents had one of those :)

This just spoils it for every oke here that wants to sell some unused parts legitimately and get some cash to buy new toys. What now? There goes our feedback ratings out the window.

Naas.

i personally think, you're a real box!

you are about to kill the Hub Trade.

i for one, I wont buy on the hub again, just for the fact that knowing there are people like you that with-hold info about stolen property and bad traders.

WE WILL REQUEST FROM ADMIN TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT SUSPENDED

WE WILL REQUEST FROM ADMIN TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT SUSPENDED

Now that's just juvenile.

Can anybody shed light on this? I think that the admins should at least issue a statement. This forum is owned by somebody, and has been used for trade in stolen goods, that somebody or their representatives should speak up; even if they just give alleged info or something.

Now that's just juvenile.

Can anybody shed light on this? I think that the admins should at least issue a statement. This forum is owned by somebody, and has been used for trade in stolen goods, that somebody or their representatives should speak up; even if they just give alleged info or something.

If they've got as much info as the rest of us have, you can't expect them to do much really…

Well, I ONLY sell on thehub and in return I pay to upgrade my ads, because it's a great place to sell.

The first thing I do when selling/buying on the hub is to check the persons post count. If its really low I would check the post history and check what they are posting about, lastly, if there are no posts I check the account creation date. In most cases it's super easy to feel comfortable because most people wanting to buy/sell have been active in the community.

if you get scammed on thehub, then you have to be very very stupid and someone should take way your internet access immediately because you are a tjop.

last comment, I actively scan the classifieds, and so do many other active members, I have, and have also seen many other members immediately call out the scammers and the ads are usually removed within minutes from posting.

So naas your a real **** for coming to stir **** here and then not speaking up, really weak character on your behalf.

That stuff won't help if it's a regular seller, because they'll have sold many things and have been possibly rated highly in good faith. So for all accounts that person looks like a great seller. And now all people who have purchased from them might be "buyers of stolen goods", unless they've somehow managed to check the origin of the goods they bought. If so, the super-honest amongst them might be returning frames and whatnot to the cops to check if they've been pinched.

I would imagine Naas is wary of naming names. I'm not a lawyer, but at present the guilty party is innocent until proven guilty, so naming them when they could e.g. still get off on a technicality could drag Naas into it. So Naas, if you do say anything, you can always say "this person is alleged to have done it". Maybe a lawyer has better wording, or advice.

So I'm selling a Bianchi MTB in classifieds. Don't worry guys its not stolen. New from dealer to me...just to clarify

Ja, naas is a great guy, he comes and makes a dumb post, then acts like a box, then threatens people?

Class act, really.

Ja, naas is a great guy, he comes and makes a dumb post, then acts like a box, then threatens people?

Class act, really.

Less name calling and more WWJD would probably help more, at this point. I have no idea if the dude is a chop or not, but work with what he's given you. He might or might not give the name up, but we can be sure it's not some people, like all those who have clamoured for the name. We know Naas mentioned that one of the people had bought from him, so that person should just iterate the people he's bought from, and we can start crossing them from the list.

Why open the thread in the first place ?

We would have been better off not knowing anything.

Class act, really.

Agreed on both posts, you can't make a statement like that and not back it up...use "alleged" or "allegedly". If you did name and shame you would have been a hero but now everything you say here will be taken with a pinch of salt. Eish

PS...to all the cape town hubbers trying to sell something, say thanks to naas cause I don't think your goods will move

Edited by rouxtjie