Hubber arrested with stolen goods in his possession...

EVOBIKES ONLINE STORE

Hi Hubbers

Thought I will just give you all a heads up to PLEASE CHECK AND TRADE carefully as I have it on good authority that a Hubber in Cape Town was arrested on Saterday with stolen bikes and parts in his possession...

I am NOT going to name names as it will implicate other Hubbers as well (they bought from him) and I strongly feel that this person should explain the story (no apparently he did not steal, but bought stolen goods at ridiculous prices)

It just GRATES me when we have regular occurences of theft such as CWC and I believe Gecko on the past weekend as well as armed robberies etc and cyclist knowingly assist this "demand"

Rant off and happy trading!

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only happens in CPT.. it's disgusting.. bloodie skelms..

And yeah, name and give details, if I bought stolen goods I would rather know than have a nasty surprise down the line..

What's with this KUK attitude basically warning ALL hubbers that ALL trade on the hub should be subject to suspicion.

Maybe we should just close down the classifieds section all together?

Edited by TheV

Unfortunately you have to warn ppl properly so we know who to avoid... I could make a few educated guesses, but would be interested to know the truth. As someone who buys and sells a lot, I'd rather know the people I'm buying from are legit and it unfortunately takes a post like this to expose those less legitimate... You're not accusing anyone of anything by saying you've heard it happened.

Oh... And our favourite bicycle trader (Neil) also buys his stock at incredible prices and never knowingly deals in stolen goods so it does appear to be a common Cape Town trend. Maybe we're all just too stoopid to work it out for ourselves?

I say name and shame them! Please include all guilty parties, this will hopefully help stem the demand for stolen goods!

How are we, as hubbers, supposed to know if an object is stolen if it is priced at the right price and there is no indication that it is of dubious origin? I mean, a reverb selling for 250 would be a dead giveaway, but at 1k it's a well looked after 2nd hand item...

Name and shame dude... At least then we'll know who not to buy from

What pisses me off is that you never know what was done in order to obtain the stolen goods! What if someone was killed so you could have a cheap wheelset? WTF!!

"Unfortunately you have to warn ppl properly so we know who to avoid... I could make a few educated guesses, but would be interested to know the truth. As someone who buys and sells a lot, I'd rather know the people I'm buying from are legit and it unfortunately takes a post like this to expose those less legitimate... You're not accusing anyone of anything by saying you've heard it happened"

Uhmm - YOU are actually one of his customers!!

So how is that guessing game going for you now???

I have asked the bikeshop whose goods were found there to respond here as the owner was present - not me.

Furthermore the ONLY reason why I mentioned anything is because said Hubber posted more stuff for sale this evening - but now obviously removed....

So I gave him a fair chance and asked him to explain himself.

Bikeshop owner will post more details.

i think you are doing more harm by not saying who it is because people will now suspect all CT sellers to the detriment of innocent sellers

What she said.