Hubber arrested with stolen goods in his possession...

EVOBIKES ONLINE STORE

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone has been arrested then it can be public knowledge so NO reason to withhold the persons name.

Naas why not warn gunners about Gumtree also?

You accuse TheV off buying something that might be stolen? How sure are you that EVERYTING you have bought in life is legit. Not just cycling stuff but anything from wood for the braai to speaker system?

As people trading on the hub we can only do our best to not buy something that obviously looks to good to be true.

Your post has NO value to the hub whatsoever.

Yikes, tough audience, Naas has just issued a precautionary. No need for a lynch mob or calls for the classifieds to be shutdown quite yet.

Precaution against who? He might as well have said that there are scanners on the Internet.

The media does the same kinda thing to up sales!

Generally, the principle in media law is not to name a person until they have appeared in court.

Precaution against who? He might as well have said that there are scanners on the Internet.

So you would rather he have remained quiet, even seeing that the Hubber is continuing to post items for sale. It's not his duty to report it, he just issued a cautionary notice so others can be made aware.

Generally, the principle in media law is not to name a person until they have appeared in court.

Good point TW, but they also publish the story to create the hype just like the OP has.

Good point TW, but they also publish the story to create the hype just like the OP has.

There is an execption to the law: public interest.

There is an execption to the law: public interest.

The public seems helluva interested!

Naas has done what he can to warn us for now...what happens if he spits the name out and it turns out to be a "mistake"...he has then effectively killed the guys business and the probability for a large court case is huge...

The public seems helluva interested!

That I see. Public interest is usually applied when it comes to prominent persons, but I get what you're saying.

Let's not forget who the real bad guy is and it can't be Naas. We might disagree with the way he is handling the situation but all he is doing is making us aware that there is a potential problem and that we should be cautious when trading. Heck even the stock exchange does this when the get companies to issue a cautionary statement when they are busy with negotiations that could affect their share price. So let's not kill the messenger.

Naas, it might be worthwhile to drop Admin a note on the details so that they can suspend the relevant account/(s) until the issue is resolved and then Admin can just inform us that they have done so and we can trade with relative confidence.

Since Naas wont name the tjop, if you do plan on buying from a CT based hubber, ask Naas if its ok first to buy from that person.

Ask Naas, Ask Naas, Ask Naas

So based on the OP we must all boycott buying anything from the cape on thehub?

There's no rule to say you "HAVE TO", you are free to trade with whoever you want.