Another reason to hate Vodascum

Eldron

For the last few months I've received semi random extra charges for data. Some how I seem to randomly exceed my 2+2Gig data deal...

After 45 mins on the phone someone at Vodascum admitted that their data dates and billing dates are different. The data we see when we check our monthly balances goes on calendar month but their billing works from the 3rd of the month to the 3rd?!

So basically you're never quite sure how much data you've used. If you're toit like I am and plan on using the full 2Gigs you're likely to exceed occassionally because of the data/billing mismatch.

Fook I hate these people. Sure it's not a lot - R45 for June and R100 for July but I know owe them R145 extra because they stop me from knowing exactly how much data I used.

May the fleas of 1,000 camels infect their greedy little arm pits.

dont worry my vodacom contract through autopage had some funny things going on. they could never get the bundle correct kept giving me the wrong amount.

then i noticed my bill seemed high so i check and they were triple deducting my data so every 1 meg ended up being 3 megs.

not to mention the amount of time on the phone to them with was about 30 bucks a pop cos they are so useless they cant find out whats going on.

For the last few months I've received semi random extra charges for data. Some how I seem to randomly exceed my 2+2Gig data deal...

:D :D

After 45 mins on the phone someone at Vodascum admitted that their data dates and billing dates are different. The data we see when we check our monthly balances goes on calendar month but their billing works from the 3rd of the month to the 3rd?!

So basically you're never quite sure how much data you've used. If you're toit like I am and plan on using the full 2Gigs you're likely to exceed occassionally because of the data/billing mismatch.

Fook I hate these people. Sure it's not a lot - R45 for June and R100 for July but I know owe them R145 extra because they stop me from knowing exactly how much data I used.

I had the same issue with them last month

For this month I am well within my Data limit so I am very interested to see what they are going to charge me for!

Vodascum Butt F*ck me every month. I should never have given them permission to deduct from my bank account.

The biggest skelms in SA, closely followed by BLAPSA

I had the same issue with them last month

For this month I am well within my Data limit so I am very interested to see what they are going to charge me for!

Dont you worry, they will chow you somehow. I hate the farkers Edited by THE BLOODY AGENT

May the fleas of 1,000 camels infect their genitalia and may their arms be too short to scratch.

Adjusted slightly...

See this very issue is under the spotlight in Wendy Knowler's consumer column in the Star.

As it should be, they also need to be taking measures to protect customers from having massive bills, but they refuse. You cannot even cap your data usage.

They stole R1,200 from me in three months. The last month I didnt even use 500 megs (of my 2 + 2 gig) yet I received a R500 bill. The account was also capped at R199 but for some reason their systems are not working and they specifically put in the T&C's that you are responsible even if their sytem fails.

Bunch of &%$@ if you ask me.

Rather go Cell C Prepaid, at least you know what your charges will be.

I was just offered a vodascum contract at my new job which is subisidized. I declined because of what they did to me. I would rather pay 25% more for MTN and get what I pay for. (touch wood)

Vodacom will never ever ever ever see me again.

They stole R1,200 from me in three months. The last month I didnt even use 500 megs (of my 2 + 2 gig) yet I received a R500 bill. The account was also capped at R199 but for some reason their systems are not working and they specifically put in the T&C's that you are responsible even if their sytem fails.

And that my friend is nothing but theft. they are stealing from us!

And get better download speeds!

And get better download speeds!

With Cell C? Is the only difference between the pre-paid & contracts being that with the contract you subsidise a phone as well?

I was just offered a vodascum contract at my new job which is subisidized. I declined because of what they did to me. I would rather pay 25% more for MTN and get what I pay for. (touch wood)

Vodacom will never ever ever ever see me again.

Good luck. Took me 2 years but I transferred our company's entire mobile device compliment away from MTN because of the exact same issue you are mentioning here for Vodacom. They're all much of a muchness.

Fortunately I deal with a corporate Account Manager and the Vodacom business bunch seem far more clued up than trying to do this privately or via the other corporate teams from the other equally useless mobile providers.

My current gripe is how bad the service is with ongoing dropped calls and 3 plus efforts to get calls to connect. Grates me to no end! How do this bunch expect people to conduct business??.