Bela Bela 5150

Garfield2010

Garfield, can I hire you as a body guard with those unique techniques of yours against any overzealous women trying to jump me. swim over me.

Indeed. Just stay on my feet. I will open the way ahead. Be warned that other athletes bodyparts may at times fall on you but just stay steady and all should be fine.

Yes Seeker, I will see you at midmar as well!!

Cant wait to test out my new Felt B12 on Saturday!!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only issue I have starting in the wave just before the girls is that the fast swimmers in the girls wave will almost certainly catch up and literally run you over. I do a 1.5k in about 35 mins at the moment, not much winter training, but the fast girls will be cruising and do the distance in about 15m+. At sun city I had the lead girls about 5 of them swim right over me like I was not even there. One of them kinda looked back to see what it was they run over and cruised on.

Shame .. how terrible. Heaps of women in speedo's swimming over you ... tut tut tut .

Shame .. how terrible. Heaps of women in speedo's swimming over you ... tut tut tut .

Agreed, how bad can that really be? Just make sure you stop before they reach and clear your goggles - we dont want you to be disorientated. Having said that JGR, some of them Caster-like chicks could hurt you!

So I decided yesterday that since I last swam at Buffelspoort the first weekend of March this year, I need to desperately find a swimming pool just to see if I can even swim 1km!!!

Linden was closed down..... Ended up in a second string gym in a 14m pool. 5 strokes turn repeat.... Fortunately I read that you can stand up in most places. I intend to do that. How fast do you think I can walk the swim?

So I decided yesterday that since I last swam at Buffelspoort the first weekend of March this year, I need to desperately find a swimming pool just to see if I can even swim 1km!!!

Linden was closed down..... Ended up in a second string gym in a 14m pool. 5 strokes turn repeat.... Fortunately I read that you can stand up in most places. I intend to do that. How fast do you think I can walk the swim?

Well, you should be able to float at least 350m of the race in total, if you wear a Wetsuit, and position yourself in the middle of 2 good swimmers, and cruise in their "draft" :ph34r:

Well, you should be able to float at least 350m of the race in total, if you wear a Wetsuit, and position yourself in the middle of 2 good swimmers, and cruise in their "draft" :ph34r:

Indeed. I will be a parasite come raceday......

Indeed. I will be a parasite come raceday......

that would have been my tactic, or a inner tube around the ankle of the 2 swimmers in front of me.

the swim leg is great ! a big whirlpool..

stand whenever you want, once you hit the bend there is so much current it flicks you around the corner and back into the straight, just make sure you stay in the " fast water" otherwise you may have to actually swim :whistling:

Last year I "swam" 23 mins, which is ridiculous for my ability!

and then you pay for your easy swim on the tough bike leg...

The heat was the killer last year, Saturday's forecast hovering around 30 deg.. great venue and organisation.

the swim leg is great ! a big whirlpool..

stand whenever you want, once you hit the bend there is so much current it flicks you around the corner and back into the straight, just make sure you stay in the " fast water" otherwise you may have to actually swim :whistling:

Last year I "swam" 23 mins, which is ridiculous for my ability!

and then you pay for your easy swim on the tough bike leg...

The heat was the killer last year, Saturday's forecast hovering around 30 deg.. great venue and organisation.

Thats very very good to hear!! Is the bike course really that tought? Like a lap in the cradle or even worse?

Hi there Guys just a quick BIG thank you to the people renting for the upcoming 5150 event. Through your support XTERRA WETSUITS was able to raise R1000 for Iris House Childrens Hospice. A charity that helps families with children with life threatening dissabilities.

Good luck and enjoy the moment.

Best wishes

The Xterra Wetsuits Team

Thats very very good to hear!! Is the bike course really that tought? Like a lap in the cradle or even worse?

As far as I remember and stand to be corrected the route was supposed to be flat and fast but the route was changed. If the route stays the same then it is a double lapper with a stiff climb out of town and no road closure. Prepare to suffer on the bike. Run is flat.

Bike route profile in your athletes guide.

350m of climbing. There are no flats.

MTB'ers do more climbing that that in a 35km ride...

Stop complaining, 350m is nothing.

:ph34r:

yeah, a lap of the cradle is about right..

Hi there Guys just a quick BIG thank you to the people renting for the upcoming 5150 event. Through your support XTERRA WETSUITS was able to raise R1000 for Iris House Childrens Hospice. A charity that helps families with children with life threatening dissabilities.

Good luck and enjoy the moment.

Best wishes

The Xterra Wetsuits Team

Terry,

From my side, I should be thanking you. Your assistance and speed thereof was unrivaled.

+10000000 to you and your company.

J

Indeed. Just stay on my feet. I will open the way ahead. Be warned that other athletes bodyparts may at times fall on you but just stay steady and all should be fine.

Yes Seeker, I will see you at midmar as well!!

Cant wait to test out my new Felt B12 on Saturday!!

Hey post a pic here of your new Felt so i can check it out