Fast Rolling MTB Tyres?

Skylark

sorry for the slight hijack, but do the crossmarks have a lower rolling resistance than the monorails?

definitely

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the replies! :thumbup:

So it looks like Conti Race Kings UST at a cracking R500-R600 (although some race king options seem closer to R300)

http://www.solomonsonline.co.za/images/categories/RK20.jpg

AND

Vredenstein - Killer bees at very tasty R200 it seems (some spots up to R400)

http://www.solomonsonline.co.za/images/categories/KBUST.jpg

Considering it looks like you can get the Killer Bees for under 200 bucks thats a great option.....

What's the prices you guys paying for your tyres and where - preferably online SA shops?

If you want a fast roller - WTB Vulpine. Period. I got some Crossmarks just to get some rear grip after that one!

My Racing Ralphs are a thing of beauty. But considering their price, and the fact you can almost physically watch them wearing out in front of your eyes as you ride down a section of tar, I have become pretty paranoid about letting them even touch the black stuff.

Maxxis Aspens will outroll and outweight the Race Kings, and outgrip the Crossmarks.

...but last about 400m on tar.

My opinion would be to go for the Maxxis Crossmark - I put those on the wife's bike to give her some giddyup when we do the road riding thing.

I quite enjoy the Conti Mountain King 2.4 on the front. I find it rolls nicely and grips the dirt like dog k@k to a shoe! The problem I have is I cant seem to find them apparently they have been discontinued.. Does anyone know where one could buy a few? (the cheaper the better!)

post-31228-0-34407300-1345702568.jpg

Edited by Nofearnofun

What are the Geax range like ? Reading up on MTB forum they have mixed reviews.

We are talking about a tire that will work well on tar and dirt .

i dont think the Geax is good on tar as they have a soft compound and im not sure they will last , but those who i have spoken to that run them in the dirt are very happy .

We are talking about a tire that will work well on tar and dirt .

i dont think the Geax is good on tar as they have a soft compound and im not sure they will last , but those who i have spoken to that run them in the dirt are very happy .

Actually I have a set of 29 inch saguero TNT's on my training wheels...totally bulletproof and it doesn't wear badly at all...I do a cradle loop every now and again from my house so they see tar frequently.

We are talking about a tire that will work well on tar and dirt . i dont think the Geax is good on tar as they have a soft compound and im not sure they will last , but those who i have spoken to that run them in the dirt are very happy .

Ta, I'm fitting Geax for a MTB race Sat. Was a bit concerned as there's not much local feedback back.

Damn expensive tyres though. :(