Local Magazine

jamex

Has anyone ever managed to get hold anyone at the magazine(Bicycling)?

I mailed them about 2 months back, been phoning them on and off, leaving msg on machines. Today get through only to be told that eveyone in a meeting i ask can i leave a msg?Only to be told i must email.So wtf must i do to get to speak to someone?

Don't waste your time - Ride and Tread are both better mags than Bicycling. Plus they're actually local not fauxcal.

Don't waste your time - Ride and Tread are both better mags than Bicycling. Plus they're actually local not fauxcal.

+1

Has anyone ever managed to get hold anyone at the magazine(Bicycling)?

I mailed them about 2 months back, been phoning them on and off, leaving msg on machines. Today get through only to be told that eveyone in a meeting i ask can i leave a msg?Only to be told i must email.So wtf must i do to get to speak to someone?

Those copy paste meetings can run for hours...hat, coat, outa here

On the magazine topic is there anyone who knows someone I can contact in order with starting a magazine

I Was a fan of tread in the beginning. I am starting to find that their content is getting stale? Also the bike reviews are basically advertorials, or do bikes these days climb like billy goats and descend like runaway trains. I mean really if the bike is crap say so dont say for the spec its not a bad package blah blah blah.

Also how many times can you cover the epic and sani?

Its not a dig at tread i find most local mags eg car mags , mens health etc ddo the the same. Mens health have been promising better sex and a six pack for 15 years now on every single cover.

I like Tread. Well written. It also has a point of view which is good. Of course magazines repeat them selves. That's magazines and bikes. I mean really, how much new stuff is there.

My biggest problem with Tread is no digital version.

Bicycle mag? Ya well...............

I like Tread. Well written. It also has a point of view which is good. Of course magazines repeat them selves. That's magazines and bikes. I mean really, how much new stuff is there.

My biggest problem with Tread is no digital version.

Bicycle mag? Ya well...............

No digital version and they don't reply to email asking about it either.... despite that, I like the mag, but it should be digital too.

I have an ipad and get some digital mags via zinio, but there are two that I actually prefer having the copy in hand so to speak

MBUK - Get the print mag...nice happy meal gift in every one

Tread - Get the print mag...have every single copy since they started so I might as well keep the collection going

WhatMountainBike - Online version, best reviews of gear and bikes

@Jimmy hardtail...I suffer from the same disease boet...Ek kannie uit my kop uit k@k nie

Edited by rouxtjie

I enjoy the Tread magazine and have it delivered to my home.However,clearly someone else also enjoys it as I have not received 3 of the last 12 editions.

I get the Ride magazine on Zinio but don't really enjoy it digitally.

Zinio is great and no a digital magazine is still a magazine and not a website. Like a digital version of Harry Potter is still a book and is not a website.

The international mags such as ProCycling are a great deal on Zinio. I still like to support local and so buy Tread and subscribe to Ride via Zinio