This is what Chris Willemse is about.....

4u2nv

A while back I heard about kids that are cycling to school on a very busy road in Cape Town, and after 2 accidents where they got hit by cars, I started toying with the idea of getting them lights and helmets.

A few phonecalls and emails to fellow cyclists later, and I had enough donations to buy some lights...

One phonecall to Chris Jnr, and lights were sorted at a massively reduced cost. So, 80 lights later, I had a chat to Chris Snr about the possibility of getting helmets at a good price. Without any hesitation, he offered to help me out with helmets , and again I only had to contribute what I could, and they sponsored the rest!

The result was that today, we were blessed enough to hand out top notch SH+ helmets and Sci-Con LED lights to kids that otherwise would not be able to afford it. Kids that rely on a bicycle for transport.

All thanks to Chris Willemse Cycles !

In conclusion I learned a couple of things today:

Not only are they (CWC) arguably

- the best,

- the largest,

- the most customer orientated cycling shop in South Africa, but they are good kinds folks, they are fathers, husbands, brothers and sisters that care for those less fortunate around them.

Chris Willemse Cycles is not about the money, it is about the PEOPLE.

A massive thumbs up for them, and may we all learn from them :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

some pics

post-2457-0-39419500-1345713748.jpg

post-2457-0-99182800-1345713758.jpg

post-2457-0-43634300-1345713763.jpg

post-2457-0-55838900-1345713768.jpg

post-2457-0-20165000-1345713785.jpg

post-2457-0-77200800-1345713792.jpg

post-2457-0-05371800-1345713799.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome feel good post!

I wish our streets were safer like when i was little and could ride to school without my mommy needing to worry.

Great stuff, I feel my online shopping habit needs a fix :devil:.

yeak i feel you. I also suffer from compulsive online cycling buying disorder

+10000

and can I suggest you post this onto their FB wall also, allot of people linked there that is not necessarily on the Hub.

G

yeak i feel you. I also suffer from compulsive online cycling buying disorder