My wife hates my cycling

W@nna-BE

i have the same issue with my girlfriend - been the source of plenty dirty looks, arguments,cold shoulders etc - she has come to accept it.....so she says but I dont believe her :unsure:

And this is only your girlfriend. Time to choose.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at all. She's psychotic.

I have the scars to prove it.

Ahh so the rule of "THUMB" doesn't always apply..... :whistling:

My wife does not mind me cycling. Infancy she says I must go for a peddle from time to time!!! But hells bells, when I buy a new frame or bike she wants to bliksem me!! Ha ha ha!!! But she gets over it eventually

And this is only your girlfriend. Time to choose.

Ya. Marry her, and then come here in a few months and bitch and moan.

hey Hubbers

anyone have the same issue as me!

my wife hates my cycling! she is always complaining when i want to ride and its really impacting on my training!

she has actually made me feel guilty for wanting to ride!

guess i am going to have to start do the 4;30am rides story :(

I once had a wife like that. But in the words (and voice) of Hannibal Lecter ... Not Any More ....

Hang out with people or couples whose partners train more and then you can say "well at least i dont trani as much as x"

Another thing i found that works is if she want to do something like go to the beach or whatever - you ride/run and she drives and meets you there. works well for me

I once had a wife like that. But in the words (and voice) of Hannibal Lecter ... Not Any More ....

Liver with fava beans and chianti?

Ahh so the rule of "THUMB" doesn't always apply..... :whistling:

No. That unit of measure is a complete failure.

Hang out with people or couples whose partners train more and then you can say "well at least i dont trani as much as x"

Another thing i found that works is if she want to do something like go to the beach or whatever - you ride/run and she drives and meets you there. works well for me

i have started doing that too.

It's no rocket science! At the moment, I'm sitting at home with the Iightie chillin on my chest while wifey is out running. He's not old enough for a running pram yet, so that's not a viable option, but it will be in he future.

I generally ride in the afternoons, just before i get home, if i can. If not, i just use the idt. But on the weekends i ride saturday and sunday, or have a build day going on etc. As long as I tell her about it early enough, it's cool. What Iron says is right - my wife does just sit and wait for me if I'm out, unless she's doing stuff of her own like gym (where she can leave the little one and wok out)

But as for stopping me from doing something, only if it interferes with something we planned before, or if i am out longer than expected. Then I get the look.

But just ask yourself how you'd feel in her situation. It's all about compromise.

Case in point: build day in tokai on saturday, scheduled to start at 1 and finish godknowswhen, and i want to ride beforehand. But she now wants to go for dinner, so i'm going for a ride at 8 and am going to build from 10 so i can leave earlier and get back itime to freshen up for dinner at 5 (yes, it is an early dinner)

Edited by cptmayhem

like a shirt i used to have said.

"She says if I go riding again she will leave me

I sure am going to miss her!!

It's no rocket science! At the moment, I'm sitting at home with the Iightie chillin on my chest while wifey is out running. He's not old enough for a running pram yet, so that's not a viable option, but it will be in he future.

I generally ride in the afternoons, just before i get home, if i can. If not, i just use the idt. But on the weekends i ride saturday and sunday, or have a build day going on etc. As long as I tell her about it early enough, it's cool. What Iron says is right - my wife does just sit and wait for me if I'm out, unless she's doing stuff of her own like gym (where she can leave the little one and wok out)

But as for stopping me from doing something, only if it interferes with something we planned before, or if i am out longer than expected. Then I get the look.

But just ask yourself how you'd feel in her situation.

Yoh - you pulled out the big guns there! Edited by specializedfan