WTF CSA???

Mr SingleTrack

Careful CSA might charge a 10% per post,

G

that is one way of ending all the 26er vs 27.5 vs 29er vs jou ma se kook skills threads!

Edited by Mr SingleTrack

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Entry fee:R257.14 + R41.86 VAT = R299.00 - including CSA rider levy of R 6.00

Timing chip fee:R120.00 - compulsory for an official result for the race

wait...you moan about R6 for CSA levy, but have no qualms paying R120 for a timing chip?? (regardless of whether you have one or not)

edit - the levy has been around for ever - they just chose to advertise it i suppose to deflect from people querying the entry fee.

Edited by Stretch

wait...you moan about R6 for CSA levy, but have no qualms paying R120 for a timing chip?? (regardless of whether you have one or not)

I am complaining about the principle. I dont mind paying R120 (or actually I do but that is another story) for something that I actually get...

I am complaining about the principle. I dont mind paying R120 (or actually I do but that is another story) for something that I actually get...

in principle yes, but i see it like taxes - i dont get anything from that either. In the long run i probably pay 75+60 (10 odd races that i choose to do in the year) - which is negligible. Make no doubt CSA has it its issues in the past and there are still contentious things like the whole mrs stander debacle - but i think they are slowly cleaning their closet out for the good

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Nhj8T01V15s/UDhWYkvJB_I/AAAAAAAAEKc/3VD7uclSulE/s1600/the-plot-whisperer-workbook-excercises-to-help-you-create-compelling-exciting-stories.jpg

a bike wash voucher, how the f&^% will I give them their share huh?

Voucher excludes washing the back wheel....... :whistling:

And that Holiday my son won in the lucky draw....... maybe i must leave on of the kids at home and take a CSA official with :whistling:

And that Holiday my son won in the lucky draw....... maybe i must leave on of the kids at home and take a CSA official with :whistling:

Standard practise that - every time a cyclist goes abroad he/she is surrounded by CSA officials conducting "observatorial" missions.

Hmmm ANC has 3 letters - CSA has 3 letter, both have been probed for corruption, both are fighting for equality....just saying...

Standard practise that - every time a cyclist goes abroad he/she is surrounded by CSA officials conducting "observatorial" missions.

Hmmm ANC has 3 letters - CSA has 3 letter, both have been probed for corruption, both are fighting for equality....just saying...

I am starting to see the link here :ph34r:

Cycling South Africa has cleaned up their act and is now being managed on a much more open basis.

Rider levies are one of the most important ways to fund the SPORT . I realise that many of you are in it for recreation only but CSA predominantly looks after the sport side of things. It is always great to see our athletes compete internationally and to see them represent South Africa .When they succeed we as recreational cyclists do not realise what it takes to get the athletes to that point. As cyclists we all aspire to the sport and sometimes need to put back a little so that our top athletes can succeed. This includes provincial championships and inter provincial events etc .

What attributes to the high cost of races is the fees for timing, the fees for the traffic department etc. Sometimes we complain about the little things because we do not know any better but more often than not it is because we want to have something to complain about.

Go look at their financials and then you can see where the money is going.

They must've done quite detailed cost calculations to come up with an entry fee of R257.14 exactly for the 94.7.

R299 less 14% VAT = that exact fee of R257.14

Have seen those statement and again my question is where do I fit in ? What are they doing for ME ? Or am I just a sponsor ?

what do you want them to do for you.

what do you want them to do for you.

Well some good coffee and Woolies Chocolate covered donut's at the start of each event will be a good start.

Edited by Dangle

every cycle race in the RSA has to be sanctioned by the CSA. when i first started cycling 20 years ago it was R2 per rider.

pre CSA , the PPA did not pay over levies for any of their events.

how are the CSA going to fund development programs so that they qualify more than just 1 rider in the olympic road race or world cup/champs. we currently only have a few saffers campaining for foreign teams (i think 3).

there are currently talent identifing training camps hosted by the CSA but this is paid for by the parents of the riders but WHAT about talented riders who don't have the means to attend these camps.

levies are the only way for the CSA to generate income.

their office bearers are not paid - they are elected and perform their duties on a volunteer basis.

cycling isn't a major sport but it and its participants are a major conduit for other organisations to raise lots of money.

its about time cycling paid cycling

Looks like we have a fan/employee!

nope, u wrong.

just a normal oke with my ears & eyes open, using my logic and who has belonged to a affiliated cycling club for a number of years.

the old boys/girls club has been pulled down year by year and is now over. eventually.

it looks like those that have been elected are passionate about the sport and are taking their duties seriously.