Stolen Specialized Tarmac (SL)

Decapod_Crew

Looks to be his.

Bike fit looks good (left leg extension). Old model bike (can get bicycles for next to nothing of the hub).

Just ask him some simple questions: Hey bro, I wanna get a bike like that, commuting to work by bicycle must be so fun. Which shop would you suggest...

I commute daily and sometimes on my fancy bike while I have a backpack on, ask me a few questions and you will know it's not stolen.

Edited by Let's Ride

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, if the owner doesn't post anything...whats the plan of action?

confront him...take the bike and give to charity......police....i drive around the area often. so need advice

plainly said....this gent shouldn't be riding a bike like that one.

Why should he not ride a bike like that? Why assume it is stolen?

So, if the owner doesn't post anything...whats the plan of action? confront him...take the bike and give to charity......police....i drive around the area often. so need advice plainly said....this gent shouldn't be riding a bike like that one.

Why, are you simply judging him by his skin colour???

Come on man. So when I drive my car in my PJ's and you happen to see me will you also take a photo of me?

The bike is fitted with Sora shifters. Can not b e to expensive. Or it was bought at Neil's Wheels after a part swop.

Looks to be his.

Bike fit looks good (left leg extension). Old model bike (can get bicycles for next to nothing of the hub).

Just ask him some simple questions: Hey bro, I wanna get a bike like that, commuting to work by bicycle must be so fun. Which shop would you suggest...

I commute daily and sometimes on my fancy bike while I have a backpack on, ask me a few questions and you will know it's not stolen.

I'd tell you to bugger off.You sound like one of those cyclist who want to wave,hold hands and sing songs around the camp fire ;)

Nah dude. Its his bike. Prob bought it 2nd hand for like 2 or 3K. The guys sock on trouser should have given it away that his been a cyclist for a while. Dude seems OK. Think u started this fire with a petrol bomb!

so from thinking that i might be helping someone find their stolen bike to being accused of having a problem with skin colour (@Let's Ride)

i realise that i am obviously wasting my time with this. hope the owner reads this. even if it is the guy in the picture on his commuter bike (@ Let's Ride)

Why should he not ride a bike like that? Why assume it is stolen?

I am curious too? Looks like a dude on his way to work riding a fairly ordinary old road bike. It not like it is a hobo on a Dogma.

so from thinking that i might be helping someone find their stolen bike to being accused of having a problem with skin colour (@Let's Ride)

i realise that i am obviously wasting my time with this. hope the owner reads this. even if it is the guy in the picture on his commuter bike (@ Let's Ride)

You are not the first vigilante to post some poor sod on his bike on the hub

PS now that you know its not a Tarmac,you want to amend the heading?

Edited by Kranswurm

Now now don't get Antsy...this is the hub after all.

I'd tell you to bugger off.You sound like one of those cyclist who want to wave,hold hands and sing songs around the camp fire ;)

Better than me telling you to get of the bike as it's stolen while it maybe is rightfully yours?

innocent till proven guilty, right? if i see him, i'll ask him. if he has no answers and speeds off, it's probably a good sign it was stolen...

Might not be stolen. Why not offer him R500 with a story that you have been looking for that exact bike for years. Then at least you have the thing and can return it to its rightful owner if he turns up for your R500 back. If you dont ever find the owner, and the local cops have nothing reported missing, then you have a bike to sell (probably get more than R500) If its not stolen he will know its value and tell you to pi$$ off.

Edited by Li Mu Bai

Why assume that it is stolen :wacko:

I agree.

I've never been one to defend our darker brethren, but this looks like an average working Joe going about his business on a oldish bike that he could well have bought with his own hard earned bucks.

as per 2nd post ....."or maybe not, i don't know".... if any one knows the area, i only assumed it might be stolen because of the area, and it is out of place in an area where 2k - 3k is 3 full months wages. he might be the captain of the local cycling club...a member of BEN...i dont know...and i will approach him, and ask. if he tells me to **** off. good for him....and we'll never know the real story.