Hill2Hill. Who's in?

Benjamin

PMB is wet lads... not too much rain today (rained a little earlier) but it's been bucketing down here in the previous two weeks... if it rains between now and Sunday (Saturday isn't really Hill2Hill if we honest with ourselves) it's going to be water logged, wet and muddy (read: fun :clap: ).

My little girl is being born on Monday so I'm out this year. Good luck to everyone riding.

Enjoy your gift on Monday!!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but it's been bucketing down here in the previous two weeks...

ja but its all dried up since then. I went up worlds view yesterday and along the Bisley rd/Friesland hill bit on Sunday and it was dry. going to be a little slippery coming down worlds view on Sunday though

ja but its all dried up since then. I went up worlds view yesterday and along the Bisley rd/Friesland hill bit on Sunday and it was dry. going to be a little slippery coming down worlds view on Sunday though

Take it easy in the covered forest sections that haven't had chance to dry. Rode up at Karkloof and in Cascades in the week and it's real slippery. Glad to hear Worlds View has dried up a bit. Watch out for the section along the river, down to town (that replaced the old Roberts Road downhill) and the steps...

Take it easy in the covered forest sections that haven't had chance to dry. Rode up at Karkloof and in Cascades in the week and it's real slippery. Glad to hear Worlds View has dried up a bit. Watch out for the section along the river, down to town (that replaced the old Roberts Road downhill) and the steps...

Yip, some steep bits coming down the hill might be a bit slidey. Steps OK cos they wide enough apart to go slowly. The steps coming off the bridge over the river will be dodge though. Rest of the route should be OKish. Maybe make the 45ers ride next to the track, and cover it for Sundays ride with plastic. Like a cricket pitch cover. That'll work.

although i am out this year with a shoulder injury, i'll take a ton of mud vs 40C heat.

No Way... i'd take the heat.

Yip, some steep bits coming down the hill might be a bit slidey. Steps OK cos they wide enough apart to go slowly. The steps coming off the bridge over the river will be dodge though. Rest of the route should be OKish. Maybe make the 45ers ride next to the track, and cover it for Sundays ride with plastic. Like a cricket pitch cover. That'll work.

:clap:

I'm lying in bed listening to the rain coming down in PMB at the moment.

Today is going to be wet, wet, wet!

Think I will stay in bed tomorrow as well.

It's such a pitty, for the past four years now this great race has had extreme weather.

I was really looking forward to tomorrow, but i wont be stuffing up my new bike!