Karoo to Coast

JGR

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All of a sudden I'm thinking that my decision to only do the K2C again next year was the wrong one. I bombed out at 58km's last year and it still haunts me to this day.

This is an incredible race to do, with lots of support from the locals en route. I had such a laugh at times last year. My name is on my ROAG shirt, so constantly got chirps like "hallo Rudolph" and "hoe lykkit met 'n happie" and the most cherished one "is daai 'n papsak op djou rug?" referring to the camelbak.

To all the Hubbers doing the 2012 K2C, all the best, have fun, travel safe and enjoy the Mitchell's Draught at the finish!

Edited by RudoJ

I will probably be the most unfit person to ride this year, could not stick to my training plan, please do not swear at me on the first climb / single track, I promise to stay as far left as I can :)

Don't stress about single track mate, from what I can gather its mostly good "grondpad". Have a blast! :thumbup:

Don't stress about single track mate, from what I can gather its mostly good "grondpad". Have a blast! :thumbup:

Not stressing about the technicality, there is always a bit of a bottle neck at the first climb, some guys can be real dickheads there

Not stressing about the technicality, there is always a bit of a bottle neck at the first climb, some guys can be real dickheads there

I hear you. As another oke said above, their usually the guys you pass later in the race again :whistling:

Looks like some interesting weather for next weekend?!

Hi, what have you seen, and where did you see it ?

Weather sa only go a week in advance........

thats not the seeding, its just a category classification.

Explain the difference, sorry for my ignorance

Is that not the starting categories (seeding) A, B etc

Edited by udxcob

Explain the difference, sorry for my ignorance

Is that not the starting categories (seeding) A, B etc

So far I know its only the category in which you entered, meaning at what time/how early you entered. That's probably just for their own admin use or something.

They will sent out an email with our actual seedings sometime soon, maybe today already.

Hope I helped?

I looked on yr.no. Just google yr- uniondale.

Ps. Sorry I can't reply to the message itse

lf. Working from my phone.

Perfect, i learnt something !

It looks ideal weather, 9 deg at start and about 18 max with almost no wind. I'll take that