Karoo to Coast

JGR

How are we Hubbers gonna recognise each other? I don't know most of the guys personaly. A lekker cold one shared afterwards sounds like a great plan to me.

How about an after ride / after nap / piss up at 34 south.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and how i miss the sting of that second last climb, almost 3 hours of suffer in the legs and then this mother of a climb pitches up.. with no trees or shade!!!

I've got a feeling there is gonna be same pain involved anyway, so let's see what happens. Is it a good idea to start in your early group to avoid some pile ups along the way? Or can I slip back a start group or two to ride with people who is aiming for the same (read slower) time that I have in mind?

One last silly question: How open are they to guys filling up their water bottels at the water points?

HDW start in your group you will eventually settle into a group going at your pace, it invariably happens that way, and last year in the heat most people filled up at every waterpoint.

I am big(ish) chap, not fat but muscular (probably just big boned) and i bitch up most ALL the hills and then gravity takes its toll on me down hill :thumbup: I will be doing it with Wifey and she is Half my size (for real). I am on a Giant XTC 29er and She will be on a Cannondale Lefty 26er

Dunno so much about a piss up afterwards, as we are coming back home after the race. But a cold one would go down well. (luckily we have a dedicated driver.)

HDW start in your group you will eventually settle into a group going at your pace, it invariably happens that way, and last year in the heat most people filled up at every waterpoint.

:thumbup:

Dunno so much about a piss up afterwards, as we are coming back home after the race. But a cold one would go down well. (luckily we have a dedicated driver.)

Hell no only heading back Monday :) nothing like waking up 4am cycling 5 hours and then a 6 hour drive home ..... eish.

And god bless the tannie that gave me a rennie at the last waterpoint.

I ate some much Rennies that day that i had no "sooibrand" for about 6 months... Wow i remember that pain all to well

Hell no only heading back Monday :) nothing like waking up 4am cycling 5 hours and then a 6 hour drive home ..... eish.

We are sleeping over at the start (tents) Dedicated driver will break up camp and meet us at finish. He will then drive us back home. Sorted. :thumbup:

I ate some much Rennies that day that i had no "sooibrand" for about 6 months... Wow i remember that pain all to well

And every time you burp white powder comes flying out your mouth

Oh and how i miss the sting of that second last climb, almost 3 hours of suffer in the legs and then this mother of a climb pitches up.. with no trees or shade!!!

just how i like it. Hills are where I get to hurt everyone else

Awesome, thanks for the help! Really appreciate all the advice.

So ja, lets see how it all goes down. Only been back in cycling for about 4 months now, and some results got me up to numero 88.

Feel free to push me the guy on the black and red bike as you come along :whistling:

No, how about the Karoo Spring Triathlon :

1) Karoo2Coast in the morning;

2) 6 pints of Mitchell's draught at the finish;

3) Get lucky with the Missus before your afternoon nap......

Really? Where? Last time we were "looking" for it, but no luck... :eek:

Couldn't sleep before the race, it was about midnight somewhere along the road out towards Baviaanskloof. It was actually a "she" and was trying to hitch a lift, when we stopped about 30m further on we waited for her to come and climb in but she disappeared.