Karoo to Coast

JGR

The K2C is not just a mtb challenge. Its a damn logisitical nightmare also and part of challenge. They should present a medal at the start :clap:

Tell me about it....

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The K2C is not just a mtb challenge. Its a damn logisitical nightmare also and part of challenge. They should present a medal at the start :clap:

That's why you need a CampMaster in your group. He takes away all the hassle through being good at logistics. Drive to Uniondale, set up camp, eat and party, sleep, breakfast, ride, meet driver in Knysna (who has packed up the race village) with esky full of tinnies, get car keys, transfer to B&B and party some more!

geez just googled it, how does one use this, never heard of it before

Yea your Doc's not going to tell you about it, it only costs about R50.00 a bottle which will last you a year. I drink 6 drops in a glass of water almost every morning. I trained right through winter, the wife and kids all had flu but not me.

Hi all

My husband and I will be doing the ride on Sunday. We are being dropped off in Uniondale on Saturday, and picked up in Knysna.

Is there anyone who could assist with transporting our overnight bags to Knysna? We will have to take sleeping bags etc for our stay, and obviously will struggling carrying it on the ride :mellow:

I'd be happy to pay as well (within reason - :-))

If there's anyone that can assist it would be much appreciated.

You can email me at yvanwyk@fnb.co.za

Y

They provide a truck that takes bags from the start to Finish in Knysna, Just drop them off in the morning before the start.

I am looking for someone to take our bags up from Knysna to Uniondale on Saturday. We will be cycling up on Saturday.

I am looking for someone to take our bags up from Knysna to Uniondale on Saturday. We will be cycling up on Saturday.

Are u gerook

that is just nuts..

that is just nuts..

Beerboy had to much beer and made a stupid bet and now he is going to pay for it on Saturday and Sunday

Are there any spectator point along the route? Where? I'm sure this has been ask a million times before but I dont want to read through 17 pages, but what route should the cars take back to Knysna?

Are there any spectator point along the route? Where? I'm sure this has been ask a million times before but I dont want to read through 17 pages, but what route should the cars take back to Knysna?

Not actually unless you want to drive up to the top of gouna, or simola, or concordia. only places i can think that can accomodate spectators. and you can only drive back via George.

whats the quickest wat to get to Uniondale from Knysna on Saturday?? I have the whole family with me (sort of a weekend away for wife and kids..) so I have to go to Uniondale on Sat to register and drive back and then get a shuttle to Uniondale on Sunday morning at 4am and cycle back :w00t: .. (I hear violins playing in the background because of my sob story...)

whats the quickest wat to get to Uniondale from Knysna on Saturday?? I have the whole family with me (sort of a weekend away for wife and kids..) so I have to go to Uniondale on Sat to register and drive back and then get a shuttle to Uniondale on Sunday morning at 4am and cycle back :w00t: .. (I hear violins playing in the background because of my sob story...)

You can register on Sunday morning...

• You can register on Sunday morning...
    I have a substitute entry - will they allow me to do that on Sunday as well ?

Edited by SuikerBossie

• I have a substitute entry - will they allow me to do that on Sunday as well ?

No Subs on Sunday but you can ask a friend to collect for you

Just remember ALL your details

The K2C route in reverse is the quickest way to drive from Knysna to Uniondale.