Yellow Saddle - Johan Bornman - Rant

Rudi Pollard

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lapa, after reading all these bleddie posts, realising I have wasted 20 minutes of my life I came to the conclusion that all the time you've wasted on the Hub whining about JB on a case which you are absolutely in the wrong side, you could have made up that R550 tenfold by rather working and doing something constructive...

Let it go!

2 things,

JB did not cancel, I read it that he informed everyone he can not provide the course that Sat, he was willing to reschedule. As I read it you cancelled after figuring out you won't be able to do fit the course in this year, nothing stopping you from doing it next year, correct?

You did know from the start the course is a full Sat/Sun, if you could not accompany this then JB you have the right to decide to cancel, but also realise JB have full right to keep deposit.

G

I got the call stating that he could not present the course on that Saturday an hour before it was supposed to start. That is a cancelled course in my opinion.

Yes I was aware from the start that it was running over a whole weekend, and thus I cancelled my race on the Saturday to attend.

He did propose a reschedule but since I cannot attend this year, I rather requested a refund.

@MikeMT: I have tried to get in touch with him unsuccessfully. That is when I decided to post this.

I have been on the hub long enough to know that this is a last resort for this kind of thing. If I could find any other solution to this I would not have made the post in the first place.

Clearly you really wanted/want to do the course.

You have paid the deposit, so just reschedule for next year.

Problem solved

I am glad I could help

Edited by Escapee..

I got the call stating that he could not present the course on that Saturday an hour before it was supposed to start. That is a cancelled course in my opinion.

Yes I was aware from the start that it was running over a whole weekend, and thus I cancelled my race on the Saturday to attend.

He did propose a reschedule but since I cannot attend this year, I rather requested a refund.

@MikeMT: I have tried to get in touch with him unsuccessfully. That is when I decided to post this.

I have been on the hub long enough to know that this is a last resort for this kind of thing. If I could find any other solution to this I would not have made the post in the first place.

After reading all these pages and ignoring the rubbish, it seems pretty clear cut to me (From an objective viewpoint). You read the terms and conditions that stated that deposits were non refundable and proceeded to pay the deposit. After numerous phone calls back and forth to reschedule, a date was agreed upon. The service provider fell ill and was not able to run the course on the agreed date. He proposed another date and you declined asking for a refund which he gave you minus the non refundable deposit that you agreed to pay in the begining.

I fail to see the problem.

Legal question: If the supplier had agreed to forgo the cancellation Ts&Cs and initially accomodate the consumer, as seems to be the case here, does that render them null?

How is this guy really not available for a weekend for the rest of the year, surely he cant have that many friends.

You're really showing 'em, ShowDem.

Eish! Red card.

Clearly you really wanted/want to do the course.

You have paid the deposit, so just reschedule for next year.

Problem solved

I am glad I could help

Exactry!

If it was my business, I would rather refund the deposit, regardless of who was at fault. Why would you want someone badmouthing your business, when the cancellation has effectively cost you nothing, or very little.

Yeah, that would be the best action if this was my bizness...

The OP is the customer at the end of the day, difficult or not, that is irrelevant.

He is paying for a service...

if JB thought the OP to be so difficult then he could have just ended the deal, to ignore phone calls/emails is a joke, clearly his business is a joke too.

who gives a sh*t if he is JB, the hub demi-god with 4.5 million posts, if you want to run a business, do it properly, if not, dont charge so much for your k*k service..

There's the old Afrikaans saying: "As jy jou ribbes oopmaak, moet jy die houe kan vat..." :P

Dit is is nie wat my Pa gese het nie. Hy het gepraat van :"Wydsbeen gaan staan voor 'n ou met Safety Boots aan". :devil:

To be honest, this is a civil matter between JB and the OP, and not for the Hub. The OP should not have posted this

Business and service providers must be open to criticism on this or any other forum as it keeps them in line and levels up; remembering of course that they too have the right to post a response.

I am aware of this yes, and it is exactly what he sent me. After discussion he agreed that if I pay the balance of the course fee before the end of the week, I can attend the course, which I did. The course I wanted to attend was then cancelled by JB.

The T&C's does not state anything about when he cancels does it?

I know he accommodated me and tried to find a solution. We eventually ended up where nothing this year could work for either of us.

So actually what should happen here according to the T's&C's is that he should charge you a full deposit amount for each time you changed the date etc, and he should pay you once for the one he couldn't make. If he followed the T's$C's, you would be looking at more than you have paid. Maybe don't shout so loud about it.

Dit is is nie wat my Pa gese het nie. Hy het gepraat van :"Wydsbeen gaan staan voor 'n ou met Safety Boots aan". :devil:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Business and service providers must be open to criticism on this or any other forum as it keeps them in line and levels up; remembering of course that they too have the right to post a response.

So actually what should happen here according to the T's&C's is that he should charge you a full deposit amount for each time you changed the date etc, and he should pay you once for the one he couldn't make. If he followed the T's$C's, you would be looking at more than you have paid. Maybe don't shout so loud about it.

I was just about to say that lapa should've forfeited his deposit twice already. All things considered you owe him 3 deposits for 3 efforts at doing the course and he owes you the course payment and 1 deposit refund back for not being able to give the course. So scratch the 1 he owes you from the 3 you owe him and you should still pay R500 on top of the deposit he's keeping now....... He did refund the course fee!

Edited by Tubehunter