Pocket Knives ?

Scooter69

I have the M16-14SFG which has the tanto blade.

Love that knife.

I have only heard brilliant things about the tanto! However I cannot get my head around the tanto style tip. How does it work in real life?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I thought I would share my EDC collection with the group:

Left being a stainless mini fixed blade with giraffe bone scales: Made by Jeff Angelo

2nd from left a damascus mini fixed blade with ivory scales: Made by Harris Engelbreght

3rd: My trusty CRKT, you just can't go wrong here.

4th: A titanium folder, also hand made

attachicon.gif1.jpgattachicon.gif2.jpg

Those 2 on the left are great looking knives :thumbup:  :drool:

I have only heard brilliant things about the tanto! However I cannot get my head around the tanto style tip. How does it work in real life?

The tanto is good for piercing things, but sharpening it can be a pain the rear because of the shape.

That blade is built to spec for the US special forces, so one of it's primary design ideas is ease of cutting through throats. I've never had a need to try that feature out, but I believe it does a really good job of it.

From what I understand it is more for slicing as the angled bit keeps slicing during follow through of the swipe. What Lurch says ties in with this in terms of slitting throats.

I can attest to the tanto's effectiveness, I have had multiple break ins at my home and have never had to call the police or armed response. I do have to keep lots of sheets of plastic in my garage though but it is worth it now that crime in our neighbourhood has decreased. Lots of missing person's posters have gone up though which makes the street poles look a bit tatty.

• 4 months later...

Picked up this Kukri recently. Does anyone else have one?

attachicon.gifSANY0039.jpg

I got this from my ex father in law back from a Denel trip to somewhere in one of the Arab countries.

Always thought it was something 'touristy' from a flee market. Does not look like manufactured to a high quality.

Is this the real deal?

(obviously it is years since I last pulled it out of the 'sleave', need to clean the blade in some way).

post-66463-0-09528900-1454165089_thumb.jpg

post-66463-0-38347900-1454165523_thumb.jpg

post-66463-0-34048700-1454165572_thumb.jpg

post-66463-0-14922200-1454165668_thumb.jpg

One sister got me a small Boker pocket knife:

attachicon.gifIMG_0405.JPG

And the other sister got me a tactical pen:

attachicon.gifIMG_0406.JPG

Very cool!! What exactly is a tactical pen?

Yoh......I like that top one[emoji106]

Yah the top one is something special! It is giraffe bone scales impregnated with a red resin and polished to give that rich white and red colour!

What exactly is a tactical pen?

http://www.uzi.com/tactical-pens

All our UZI pens come with unique combinations of life saving features including glass breakers, DNA catchers and handcuff keys. They also feature a retractable pen tip and a sure grip that works great when you’re writing or using it as a self-defense tool. It also sports a nice pocket clip for easy carry. The pen writes well and uses a standard Parker or Fisher refill, unless otherwise noted. At just over $20 dollars, this is a great self-defense tool for everyday carry

http://gearpatrol.com/2010/12/03/essential-gear-10-badass-tactical-pens/

The simple answer is, it's a weapon that you can get into a lot more places where you will get searched.

I got this from my ex father in law back from a Denel trip to somewhere in one of the Arab countries.

Always thought it was something 'touristy' from a flee market. Does not look like manufactured to a high quality.

Is this the real deal?

(obviously it is years since I last pulled it out of the 'sleave', need to clean the blade in some way).

attachicon.gif2016-01-30 16.41.13.jpg

attachicon.gif2016-01-30 16.47.40.jpg

attachicon.gif2016-01-30 16.48.29.jpg

attachicon.gif2016-01-30 16.47.59.jpg

Have a mate that carries one is his car all the time, and swears by it as a do it all tool when camping.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kukri

• 1 month later...

My daily in the pocket knife, homemade by my dad. Stainless Damascus blade, titanium fittings with mammoth ivory handle.

Wow, does your dad still make something like this?