Pocket Knives ?

Scooter69

About five weeks ago I placed an order @Santa '"from me to me". So this morning Mr. Claus rock's up at my crib and says to me: "Well lad I know you've been a good boy this year so I'm sure you won't mind this early delivery !" I Kept my calm, put on my absolute best poker face and replied:"No FAAAAARKING Problem !!!!" 

Spyderco Para Military 2 with blue scales and CPM S110V blade steel.

post-62204-0-64053300-1479379477_thumb.jpg

post-62204-0-54940500-1479379490_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About five weeks ago I placed an order @Santa '"from me to me". So this morning Mr. Claus rock's up at my crib and says to me: "Well lad I know you've been a good boy this year so I'm sure you won't mind this early delivery !" I Kept my calm, put on my absolute best poker face and replied:"No FAAAAARKING Problem !!!!"

Spyderco Para Military 2 with blue scales and CPM S110V blade steel.

Awesome knife! Did you buy it in SA?

I Was doing some window shopping at Trappers in our mall while my wife was in one of the clothes shops. My eye cought this one and I couldn't resist !

Opinel NR.8 Inox with Olive wood handle. The handle looks way more beautiful in real life than on the picture.   

post-62204-0-78911600-1479712585_thumb.jpg

I Was doing some window shopping at Trappers in our mall while my wife was in one of the clothes shops. My eye cought this one and I couldn't resist !

Opinel NR.8 Inox with Olive wood handle. The handle looks way more beautiful in real life than on the picture.   

Ooooh that is purdy!! It is still a dream of mine to build myself a custom Opinel, however my wood working skills is somewhat lacking.

Schweet

Ooooh that is purdy!! It is still a dream of mine to build myself a custom Opinel, however my wood working skills is somewhat lacking.

Thanks :thumbup:  My uncle has been building custom knifes for the last 30 odd years. I Think the handle would be the easier part. Manufacturing, heat treating and sharpening the blade takes some serious skills you don't learn over night.

Thanks :thumbup:  My uncle has been building custom knifes for the last 30 odd years. I Think the handle would be the easier part. Manufacturing, heat treating and sharpening the blade takes some serious skills you don't learn over night.

On the opinel I was thinking of buying some Bohler steel, copying the blade shape and then have it hardened professionally. 

I have tried my hand at a fixed blade before, I used an old table grinder steel disc, cut the shape and then did a DIY annealing and hardening on it. However working for harder metals like the Bohler does have it's own challenges :eek:

• 4 months later...

My knife collection expanded recently with some new editions :clap:  The top one is a Spyderco Native 5. It's the FRN lightweight model with CPM S35VN blade. Middle is a lekke big Opinel Nr.10 Carbon. I Think this knife might just be the perfect tool around a braai. It's size is also somewhat intimidating which means most of the guests stay away from my braaier :thumbup:  Bottom one is a Spyderco Parra 3. Standard G10 model with CPM S30V blade. I Like the Parra 3 so much that it has become my new EDC knife. 

post-62204-0-39592300-1491896613_thumb.jpg

My knife collection expanded recently with some new editions :clap:  The top one is a Spyderco Native 5. It's the FRN lightweight model with CPM S35VN blade. Middle is a lekke big Opinel Nr.10 Carbon. I Think this knife might just be the perfect tool around a braai. It's size is also somewhat intimidating which means most of the guests stay away from my braaier :thumbup:  Bottom one is a Spyderco Parra 3. Standard G10 model with CPM S30V blade. I Like the Parra 3 so much that it has become my new EDC knife. 

This

This

:thumbup:

I Have a Paramilitary 2 that was my edc knife for the last two and a half years. S30V is an amazing blade steel. If you take your time and sharpen it decently with decent equipment you will be rewarded with a cutting edge that will last for months if cared for and not abused.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...