Tazzing a Cyclist! (Gordons Bay area)

PeterM

Tazzing

Last weekend, while staying for the weekend in Kleinmond, I wanted (needed!) to do a road training ride. Sunday was out due to a storm and my own laziness. Monday (Heritage Day) I went from Kleinmond past Gordons Bay and back. Had some rain, lots of headwind, rolling hills - great solo 100km training ride and stunning scenic route once the rain stopped.

Well, +-99,7% of cars were driving very well in relationship to the cyclists. But this one car gave me quite a scare – just before Gordons Bay, this car drove close past me and the passenger took out a Tazzer (fairly big one) and close to my legs he zapped it. No, I did not get tazzed but I got a big fat fright and was furious. Nearly crashed!

Those two guys obviously get their kicks out of giving cyclists a freight! Very dangerous situation – on those moutanous roads one does not want to crash; it’s a long drop down to the rocky shores.

So anyone riding on those roads – look out for a metallic dark blue Nissan Centra (?), old round shape.

The guys – two, male, late 30’s or early 40’s, overweight, coloured.

Let’s get their number plate /names which I did not get, so that they can be arrested or at least recorded.

I had the impression that they might in future do more and tazz a cyclist (NB just my subjective impression!)

Peter

Also ride that way a lot on club rides - will keep an eye out. Shame we can't Tazz them back, see those ******* head down the cliffs into the sea.

• 10 months later...

same topic, different area.

I was out riding with my wife a couple of weeks ago on road bikes passing through Scarborough just before Misty cliffs. An orange/faded red opel cub 1.4 came past very close. I was under the impression he was trying to bump my handle bars with his out-streched hand, when I heard my wife shout in pain. The one guy had his hand out of the window and hit her on her bum as they passed at ?? km an hour. We stopped and we were both very rattled at what had happened. By the time we got home her backside was swollen and became dark black purple within 12 hours even after we just kept putting ice on it.

same topic, different area.

I was out riding with my wife a couple of weeks ago on road bikes passing through Scarborough just before Misty cliffs. An orange/faded red opel cub 1.4 came past very close. I was under the impression he was trying to bump my handle bars with his out-streched hand, when I heard my wife shout in pain. The one guy had his hand out of the window and hit her on her bum as they passed at ?? km an hour. We stopped and we were both very rattled at what had happened. By the time we got home her backside was swollen and became dark black purple within 12 hours even after we just kept putting ice on it.

Well his hand couldn't have survived that slap at top speed, I'm sure he suffered some discomfort.

Yesterday when we went cycling going down Bosmansdam Rd as you turn off Plattekloof Rd, some d@@s in a black Polo vivo with a chrome strip on the bootlid bottom just above the bumper had thrown my friend with an egg...

It sucks what happened to you, did you get some details of the car?

Unfortunately you get people like this, I had a similar incident before except he did not expect me to stop at his side at the red robot and take him out of his car...I think his wife/gf cleaned a nice brown stain the night.

Edited by MTB_Roadie

I had it a couple years back with 2 water balloons thrown at me out of a taxi on Hout Bay main road. Luckily they didn't account for a thing called inertia!

What the hell is going on there in Cape Town. Tazers, bum smackers, egg throwers and a whole lot of bikes getting stolen!

That stuff is something one would expect in Gauteng

What the hell is going on there in Cape Town. Tazers, bum smackers, egg throwers and a whole lot of bikes getting stolen!

Yip, not often that one is actually happy to be cycling in Gauteng vs the beautiful Cape. I find all this just outright disrespectful. Sad state of affairs!

I got Corolla'd a couple of weeks back, and once I was Prado'd - maybe its a Toyota thing.

:clap: :clap:

I was bum smacked in Camps Bay at the robot, lol!

yoh.... dunno whether its a cpt or roadie thing, but all i can say i that i appreciate riding in the dirt up north after reading this.

If she is real pretty and have all her teeth I would not mind to be bum smacked :whistling:

WHY DOES NO ONE WANT TO TOUCH / SLAP MY ASS??? it's ther for everyone to se... after all??

perhaps i should get off the dirt tracks and join the road fraternity...it's where all the action happens...