Giro d'Italia 2013

tombeej

Indeed, personally I believe Wiggins deserves the opportunity to defend his title, how he got is not the point, he remains the yellow jersey holder, and I think retains the right to defend it, to "demote" him as it were to a support rider to Froome shows, in my opinion, poor form by SKY and an a lack of respect for him as an athlete in the team.

I think Froome is a great athlete, dont misunderstand me, but he is not the holder of the jersey.

As for Uran, well what can we say, I have long believed he is Grand Tour podium material, unfortunately, like Cavendish, he needs to find another team if he is to be afforded that opportunity, at SKY right now there is an abundance of "chiefs" so he will unfortunately remain an "Indian" there for the foreseeable future if he decides to stay.

I reckon the idiot in all of this is Brailsford. He's doing a Bruyneel.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carlton Kirby.taught by the great David Dufflield, poached by Sky Sports from Eurosport this season.

Most of them are freelancers, Carlton also does motor sport of which he is quite knowledgeable, but I find him a tad irritating.

For the Giro on Eurosport we had the absolutely awesome Sean Kelly plus some other Irishman who's name escapes me, he was very good. David Harmon, the regular commentator (also a freelancer) is taking a break until the tour, he is really excellent as the lead. Sean kinds sits in there and lets forth with the occasion gems of wisdom and insight.

Grumps if you enjoyed Carlton, you would love these guys, Too bad we cant get Eurosport over the air here.

I reckon the idiot in all of this is Brailsford. He's doing a Bruyneel.

In what way? playing them up against each other?

Rigo is apparently moving to OPQS next year.

I reckon Chris might get gatful and move on as well if he can, Enough games, the time is now, why must he play second fiddle to that tempestuous premi donna again. Chris should think of going green imho.

Edited by kosmonooit

In what way? playing them up against each other?

Rigo is,apparently moving to OPL next year.

I reckon Chris might get gatful and move on as well if he can, Enough games, the time is now, why must he play second fiddle to that tempestuous premi donna again. Chris should think of going green imho.

Bruyneel insisted that Contador was the team leader, then got wishy-washy about it when Lance signed on and started making noises.

As someone who knows absolutely nothing about road cycling, the Giro was awesome to watch.

Really enjoyed the coverage, commentary and little battles along the race.

The problem for Froome and Uran is that they probably on huge $ contracts at Sky. Any move would probably mean a pay cut, but the chance to lead a team and give TDF win a bash? I think Sky has beeeg bank account?

Indeed, personally I believe Wiggins deserves the opportunity to defend his title, how he got is not the point, he remains the yellow jersey holder, and I think retains the right to defend it, to "demote" him as it were to a support rider to Froome shows, in my opinion, poor form by SKY and an a lack of respect for him as an athlete in the team.

I think Froome is a great athlete, dont misunderstand me, but he is not the holder of the jersey.

As for Uran, well what can we say, I have long believed he is Grand Tour podium material, unfortunately, like Cavendish, he needs to find another team if he is to be afforded that opportunity, at SKY right now there is an abundance of "chiefs" so he will unfortunately remain an "Indian" there for the foreseeable future if he decides to stay.

Grumpy you're probably right but is this only happening because Wiggo abandoned the Giro? What I do know is that the team must be unified else someone else will take it.

On another note Cavendish is now 6th in all time list of grand tour stage victories.

Merckx - 64

Cippo - 57

Petacchi - 48

Binda - 43

Hinault - 42

Cav - 41

Nibali is probably doing the right thing by sitting out TdF, don't think the team is strong enough.

Edited by jcza

Grumpy you're probably right but is this only happening because Wiggo abandoned the Giro? What I do know is that the team must be unified else someone else will take it.

On another note Cavendish is now 6th in all time list of grand tour stage victories.

Merckx - 64

Cipo - 57

Petacchi - 48

Binda - 43

Hinault - 42

Cav - 41

Nibali is probably doing the right thing by sitting out TdF, don't think the team is strong enough.

Thanks for the mention but it's 'Cippo ' with two P's.

The problem for Froome and Uran is that they probably on huge $ contracts at Sky. Any move would probably mean a pay cut, but the chance to lead a team and give TDF win a bash? I think Sky has beeeg bank account?

Uran being courted by OPQS, it is rumoured.

i don't agree... any team in any sport should always play their best team / player. Wiggins isnt likely to win the TDF this year with the increase in mountain-top finishes and limited time-trial km's...

Wiggo hasn't done anything yet this season to prove his form in any way. If he maybe thrashes Froome in the Criterium Dauphine or in the Tour de Suisse or any of the preparation races, then its a different story, but based on Wiggo's poor showing at the Giro he doesn't deserve to defend anything.

Hopefully next year they give us a new commentator, can't stand his high pitch 'squeal', especially at the end of a stage, well done to Vincenzo anyway!!!

I cant stand the commentator either... OHHHHH we have Nibali on the attack, OOOHHHHHH we have... WTF with all the oohhhhsss??

Cadel doing a nr 1 while on the move.

Teamwork, baby, teamwork

http://d4nuk0dd6nrma.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/GiroDItalia_Tappa17_046.jpg

What a PIC! (The mountain/ Snow pic) not the p1ssing 1...lol

:thumbup:

Edited by AryM