Beware of CB 68 GK GP

argie1

I'm too petrified to ride on busy roads but I can understand drivers getting pissed at cyclists , our roads are anxiety inducing to say the least now here comes a spindly human body playing ‘chicken’ on the road , just to make my day more stressful I have to try not knock the guy over , much the same feeling as I have when I drive into my yard and the dogs which I love dearly play around the wheels but now with the cyclist I have a whole column of inconsiderate drivers revvijg things up behind me . I have a good idea that many irate drivers have this same feeling , its not they are angry with you being on the road but that they are very uncomfortable being in a situation where they are so close to endangering another human life .

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a deep breath and think again before you do anything, killing a cyclist (or pedestrian or fellow motorist) will change your life forever and it won't be for the better.

I think that's what Sonny did before he donnered Cher to death, what a fool.

I think that's what Sonny did before he donnered Cher to death, what a fool.

I'm going to hell, made me smile.

Solution is either ban all motorised transport or all start riding BMX! No cars on the track! Only 8 bicycles to compete against! Sounds like a plan Stan!

I had a wonderful weekend on the roads. All the cyclists I saw were driving on the shoulder of the road, in single file and didn't obstruct the road. I am glad you people are becoming more considerate of motorised transport...

Dudes!!

On page 5 a laaitie asked VERY nicely if soemone could not assist him to cycle to school....not so much as a peep from any of you...

shame on you...where are the usual Hub "saints"???

I think he is actually a she. :w00t:

4x4 entoesias.

Ek wil nou nie @@@ praat nie maar jy klink vir my so n tipiese afrikaner. Ja gestem en nou moan jy oor allerande strooi.

Hoekom ry jy nie met jou groot 4x4 in die bos nie!

Edited by Meentb

I had a wonderful weekend on the roads. All the cyclists I saw were driving on the shoulder of the road, in single file and didn't obstruct the road. I am glad you people are becoming more considerate of motorised transport...

I think they all read your rant last week and you scared all the cyclist. Well done for getting your message across.

On a more serious note most cyclist do cycle like that however there are one or two stoopit goed out there that dont realise they giving the rest of us a bad name. And it is when you see those people that you then feel the need to come on here and have a little rant

I just like to know one thing. Why is it that most of the PTA Middle Age men are Driving those Toyota Land Cruisers and Big Bakkies, but none of them wants to get it dirty and drive off road with it. :whistling:

How do you others who dare the roads here cope with a near death experience thanks to a motorist?

I generally let the motorist know my feelings, but that might back fire on me one day, if said motorist on the brink. Tempted to pack a pepper spray just in case, but what's a man to do? How can you be nice to someone who almost just killed you?

almost got hit by a bread delivery van this mornig>>>speeded after the guy and when confronted he acted like he was right and i was the poephol<almost punched a man in the face ffs! Sasko van J-Bay>>>ca 501-108

idiot!

I had a wonderful weekend on the roads... I am glad you people are becoming more considerate of motorised transport...

"...you people..."

Hmmm...

almost got hit by a bread delivery van this mornig>>>speeded after the guy and when confronted he acted like he was right and i was the poephol<almost punched a man in the face ffs! Sasko van J-Bay>>>ca 501-108

idiot!

You should report that to Sasko. I think there is a number on the truck that you can call to report bad driving. I nearly got taken out by a Sasko truck whilst driving my car, a manager called me back to apologise and said they would take it further. I am not sure if they did but I am sure if enough people complain about the same driver they will do something about it

I saw a bakkie almost take out a cyclist near vangaalens one morning, so the cyclist obviously shouted flapped hands showed finger to which the biggest farmer he pulled over and got out the bakkie and waited for the soon to be "victim" cyclist , or so I thought!!!

He casually rode up to this huge farmer, stopped short casually climbed off bike walked over to the farmer , pepper sprayed him got back on his bike and casually rode off, not saying its the best thing to do since we ride through there lands, but it was not expected result I was anticipating ..... End of day everyone needs to be more respectfull and chill we all trying to do what we need to be doing

You should report that to Sasko. I think there is a number on the truck that you can call to report bad driving. I nearly got taken out by a Sasko truck whilst driving my car, a manager called me back to apologise and said they would take it further. I am not sure if they did but I am sure if enough people complain about the same driver they will do something about it