What would you ask a doper?

TimW

Have not read the book, except for the exerts discussed here on da hub...

Would like to look him (TH) in the eye and ask:

Do you sleep well at night, was there a time when you had sleepless nights about this and why?

sorry thats 2 questions disguised as 1......

Edited by SwissVan

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly though, maybe ask (about) the positive effect Armstrong had on cycling?

Sorry, I paraphrased, but please ask him about the view/lie created by the Armstrong publicity machine that LA had a positive effect on the sport/that he was the greatest cyclist ever/that he was the most tested sportsman ever/that he won because he trained harder than any one else. All of which is at best uneducated opinion but most likely BS.

Maybe it is rather a question to Coyle. Why was the media so complicit in pushing this agenda and what does he think the effect of this canonizing of the man has had on the action (or rather lack of action) against him ?

Edited by eddy

And ask him if he thinks that his book would ever have sold if he did not mentioned Lance's name in the book. If he felt so guilty about it why write a book and try making money on it. It is like Jackie Selebi writing a book on corruption in SA and how he cheated death.

Sorry, I paraphrased, but please ask him about the view/lie created by the Armstrong publicity machine that LA had a positive effect on the sport/that he was the greatest cyclist ever/that he was the most tested sportsman ever/that he won because he trained harder than any one else. All of which is at best uneducated opinion but most likely BS.

Maybe it is rather a question to Coyle. Why was the media so complicit in pushing this agenda and what does he think the effect of this canonizing of the man has had on the action (or rather lack of action) against him ?

Valid point your making

When he comes to south africa to promote the book, will he be meeting with Shabir Shaik to chat about what pieces of $%$%#$% they both are?

Edited by NoHare

Rizla or hubbly? :ph34r:

Tyler is a real cyclist, not a silly downhiller, so he wont be able to help you, and Coyle's an old fart, he probably makes brownies.

Ask him how he feels about making money out of Lance and trying to destroy his reputation at the same time.

Sure they all doped, but he has had more interest in his book because he reveals things about other people.

Ask him if he was indeed high as a kite when he and Haven concocted that vanishing twin story?

When he comes to south africa to promote the book, will he be meeting with Shabir Shaik to chat about what pieces of $%$%#$% they both are?

And how the proceeds of the book are being used? Maybe he should pay all his supporters back, the people that donated to his legal fees.

Oh and a comment. I had a look at the facebook page for the book and the fotos of him looks like a real druggie.

Haven't read the book, but does it piss him off that everyone thinks cycling is so dirty when there's just as much doping in all other sports? ;)

Main question:

Being someone who has been on the other side of the doping line so long and intimately knowing the processes involved, in his opinion what would it take for doping agencies to be able to have a much more successful way of busting athletes who are on programs during the course of a particular event rather than having a situation like we now have where winners only know 8 years later whether they get to keep their victory or not. (This as a result of the testing protocol being so far behind the masking agents and other testing loopholes.)

Other options:

How different does he think his career would have been if he had attempted to stay clean rather than go down the doping route?

Besides the physiological effects were there any other notable positives and negatives to being on a doping regimen?

Edited by Tubehunter

Have read the book. What interests me is how often it's mentioned that cyclists are put in a position where doping is the only alternative. I would like to know what he thinks of the cyclists who stood up for what they believed in and walked away. Perhaps there arent any. Much like corruption. Well, everyone is doing it so I might as well too.

I have not read his book. Only alternative to what?

If you know that it is impossible to achieve your goal, be it competing for a win or only finishing, without having to dope, then you should not be there in the race.

It is indeed much like corruption. It is all about greed.

I would like to know how much money he has made from sales of this book comparing to his cycling career.

Was the book about "I want to get the monkey of my back and set the record straight" or "how can I make some dough without dope"?

I have not read his book. Only alternative to what?

If you know that it is impossible to achieve your goal, be it competing for a win or only finishing, without having to dope, then you should not be there in the race.

I don't think you have a full understanding of the sport of pro cycling in Europe.