What would you ask a doper?

TimW

With what we've heard over the last few years I really do wonder if there is any chance for someone clean to actually be able to be a pro cyclist?

Does he have any adverse affects showing from the drugs?

What would he tell future cyclists to help them not do the same as he did in their future?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you have a full understanding of the sport of pro cycling in Europe.

Can't all be as awesome as you now, can we ?

Looking forward to reading your interview.

I want to know why he didn't name more people from his time at Phonak.

the guy you're referring to got a gag order against latrinus emmer...

A lot of comments in this thread obviously from people that have not read the book or any other books on the subject. Actually by some of the comments I would guess some people have ever read any book about anything.

A lot of people followed cycling before LA came along and a lot of us continue to follow the sport now he is gone. I don't believe he contributed to the sports popularity. He contributed to its dreadful reputation.

I would ask TH how much doping he thinks is occurring now. I would ask him if he would be prepared to work on a volunteer task force to find strategies to help prevent doping. I would ask him for a message for youngsters entering the sport that would encourage clean riding. Ask him how his ex wife Haven is doing. Ask Coyle how much contact he had with Haven.

Ask him how his ex wife Haven is doing. Ask Coyle how much contact he had with Haven.

Yes, and remind them of rule #200!

I have not read his book. Only alternative to what?

If you know that it is impossible to achieve your goal, be it competing for a win or only finishing, without having to dope, then you should not be there in the race.

It is indeed much like corruption. It is all about greed.

I would like to know how much money he has made from sales of this book comparing to his cycling career.

Was the book about "I want to get the monkey of my back and set the record straight" or "how can I make some dough without dope"?

In a nutshell, dope and get a pro ride or go home clean and do fun rides.

I would like to know how much resistance the anti doping agency and "clean teams" are getting from teams that are not 100% sure their riders are clean and from the riders themself. How are the riders who speak out against doping treated in the peleton and if they are seen as "sh*t stirrers" and experiance resistance for going against the flow.

I would like to know If cycling could be cleaner If everyone was on the same side, if you understand what Im saying..

Like the gouvernment, the show is run by powerfull players below the surface and If doping is not a problem to them, it wont be taken serious.

And how he thinks this could be overcome ?

Edited by Bos

Throughout the book the USPS team console themselves with their wrongdoings by telling themselves that "surely other teams were doing it as well?"

Do you know of other teams who doped at the time and their methods? If so, are you hoping them to come forward themselves to expose their practices or are you just fostering the Omerta which still quietly exists in this sport? Partial declaration like Bjarne Riis in "Stages of Light & Dark"

IT'S NOT NORMAL!!

Throughout the book the USPS team console themselves with their wrongdoings by telling themselves that "surely other teams were doing it as well?"

Do you know of other teams who doped at the time and their methods? If so, are you hoping them to come forward themselves to expose their practices or are you just fostering the Omerta which still quietly exists in this sport? Partial declaration like Bjarne Riis in "Stages of Light & Dark"

IT'S NOT NORMAL!!

Yeah, I agree. Ask him for specifics at least of his time at Phonak and CSC.

Have you contributed to the Paul Kimmage Chip in Fund to help him defend himself against the UCI's Pat McQuaid and Hein Verbruggen? How much do you think these two played in the role of doping during the USPS years? How much do you think did the ASO have to do with turning a blind eye to doping in the TDF to get them out of the doldrums after the Festina Affair?

So much questions and very little answers.

Greg Strock had health issues after being administered drugs by his coach Rene Wenzel without his knowledge. He eventually sued his his coach as well as Chris Carmichael for doing that to him which was settled out of court. You knew what you were doing yet you ran the risk.

Have you had any adverse medical conditions to your doping regime? Were you not at all worried about your safety during these crazy transfusions and pill popping. Do you feel betrayed/angry by Dr. Eufe who used the silence to his advantage putting your life at risk.

What tools do young cyclists have to know they are clean if they are expected to put 100% trust in doctors/soigneurs who are charged to keep athletes healthy and well recuperated using "natural" methods.

I don't think you have a full understanding of the sport of pro cycling in Europe.

I guess I don't. So the Europeans actually enjoy watching a doper win and pay big money just so that he can lose his title/s a few years later and give it to the next guy who also probably doped.

Why not just legalise doping in European pro cycling? Or what am I missing?

I guess I don't. So the Europeans actually enjoy watching a doper win and pay big money just so that he can lose his title/s a few years later and give it to the next guy who also probably doped.

Thing is, cyclists have been doping in Europe since the sport started over a hundred years ago. It's implicitly accepted by the fans. They don't think about the sport in the terms that are being discussed here. And, as suggested a few posts back, in the 90's and early 20's (and probably before) you doped to get a pro contract. No dope, go and win the A cat at the Aurgust.

Trust me....much more.....you are missing a lot....go back to the routes and go see WHY they cycle and why it is the 2nd most watched sport in the world!!