The solution to (drunk) motorists killing other road users? Opinions/Suggestions:

Bennie Dikwiel

Take it easy guys Leon is a web developer

We are taking it easy. And I thought he was a web administrator? Does that mean he controls the entire interweb? And now he's going to do what must be done? Hopefully that means go away and cry on the 4x4 froum or news24 comments section.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CatGirl jou taal is pateties!! ek se nie wat hy gedoen het is reg nie!!

Maar ek hoop hy kry n tweede kaans in die lewe

DIS AL WAT EK SE!!

GOD ASB HELP VIR ANDRE EN KRY HOM DEUR DIT!! EN WEES OOK ASB BY DIE MORRIS FAMILLIE ! Dis al wat ek kan vra en wil he

Thank you God for letting him be caught :clap:

Leon why not arrange a time to speak to some PE cyclists about your friend, or maybe go tell his family the crap you are telling us? If he is such a good oke im sure you wouldnt mind doing that for him? I have not even read anything in the way of a press release saying he is sorry - niks, nada, nought.

mr Andre Gouws kyk wat wag vir jou! en kry sommer vi jou! ek hoop jou gat brand..as jy weet wat ek bedoel

Leon why not arrange a time to speak to some PE cyclists about your friend, or maybe go tell his family the crap you are telling us? If he is such a good oke im sure you wouldnt mind doing that for him? I have not even read anything in the way of a press release saying he is sorry - niks, nada, nought.

Just read the paper now and apparently he did apologise and offered to meet with the family

Don't know if it was genuine because he can act remorseful in court get bail and then walk out with that shirt

so Leon, is that you on the Herald facebook page calling anyone that is upset with Mr Andre Gouws a Loser? shame fella, but you maybe need to take a look in the mirror.

JGR, the Herald reported that he said he was sorry in the court yesterday, but he than walked out and revealed his tshirt, so thats why i want to know what was he thinking. I suspect his little performance in the court was to try get bail, as soon as he got it and was released his true colours came out. i really don't buy the story that he was wearing that shirt for 3 days!

so Leon, is that you on the Herald facebook page calling anyone that is upset with Mr Andre Gouws a Loser? shame fella, but you maybe need to take a look in the mirror.

Blue Steel baby. Blue Steel.

Edited by Azonic

Blue Steel baby. Blue Steel.

hy gaan nog baie van daai koffie nodig kry.. daai pic lyk asof dit inside a police station geneem is

@Azonic - not sure its thats the same fellow, the fella on the herald facebook page defending Mr Gouws is a Leon Meiring, he has a strange view on life, everyone upset by Mr Gouws actions are all losers!

@Azonic - not sure its thats the same fellow, the fella on the herald facebook page defending Mr Gouws is a Leon Meiring, he has a strange view on life, everyone upset by Mr Gouws actions are all losers!

There is also a Leon Kossmann trying to defend him... This is Kossmann.

@Fabes @Mike = ok cool. I didnt read anything but glad he at least did that but as you suggested it might have been to save his bacon as opposed to being genuine.

here's a question to Mr Leon

where were you, where were all his friends, why did you not drive him home, (ye he made the mistake of his life, and sadly he will pay for it for the rest of his life, sadder thing is so will Clen's family, and he paid with his life) designated driver, simple enough system, enough friends, one pics to be the DDD of the evening.

That would have been being there for friend.

Guessing allot of his friends were not in a much better state,

from what you read around, it was not his first time driving like this, a mistake you make once, he made a habit of it, it was basically when will the penny drop.

As fort he pics, it's in the open/public media, news papers already. only time you not allowed to show the car with number plate, if the charges has not been made yet, in this case everyone knows who he is.

G

I think... That he will go to trail but if it turns south he will be helped to skip the country. Somehow looking at his face I dont see him doing 25y in jail.

imho. If you hit and run where there is a fatality, especially in this case where the accused could not argue he did not know he hit someone, there should be no bail. There is just no chance of the accused being innosent in this case.

imo: drunk drivers should be charged not with DUI but rather immediately with attempted murder as that is exactly what they are doing. Yes I love a good bottle of wine. But def do not want to take other's lives into my hands. I would never be able to live with myself if I was to cause of harm to someone else. Be it on a bike or not.

Photo of the driver. André Gouws.

His mother resides in Beachview and he was most probably on his way there to hide his vehicle.

That's a "moer my" face if I've ever seen one. Any time.

post-1965-0-76532700-1349936754_thumb.jpg

And yes, look at the t-shirt.

EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES!!!! All you guys are so easy to judge!! get a live guys!!! Andre is not made for jail!! he is a good person that made a moerse mistakes!! All the photos posted is not allowed going to take that up with www admins now.

GROW UP PEOPLE!! If this was family of yours you would act differently!!!

Well he has to pay for it now, So stop judging! You wont be judging if this was your son/wife/girlfriend!

He made the mistake, not you, so don't judge him and go and look in the mirror and sort out yourself, and i am saying this to everyone.

Sadly, ladies and gentlemen, what we are dealing with here is a case of poorly developed intellectual, moral and emotional maturity. Psychologically remorse is then out of the question.

It is more than likely a result of upbringing, and appears to be alarmingly common (no pun intended there) in our South African society today. Just read the 'Strange Neighbors' thread.

It is largely a result of 1. A piss poor example on the part of parents, generally due to a lack of involvement by one or both. 2. Total lack of respect or regard for Law and Authority. 3. Exacerbated by poor application of those Laws, by those in Authority, including parents.

Some people think before 'making mistakes', and then generally don't. - They are in the minority.

Some Learn from the mistakes of others, and so avoid making the mistake themselves. - Also not the majority.

Some, but certainly not all, learn from their own mistakes, and don't repeat them.

The majority, this LL and Leon include, blame their mistakes on everything and everyone else, and wear stupid T-Shirts to prove it. To court 'nogal'.

Smart fella.

It isn't going to go away.

Edited by sharp1