Tokai - XC Build Day - 27th October

You should have phoned, I would have been there in a flash, winch, cables, snatch ropes the works (the usual overkill)

Land rover drivers, ai ai. All that equipment only to get stuck at the gate!! haaa

I believe my car has been through Mozambique towing boats to dive spots. It might explain why my brother in law could not express enough that nothing will stop it, I never understood what he meant while I was paying, just nodded and agreed. Some of the construction sites he described have had me cringing!

Seems his claims might be true... Long live AWD, just wish I had ground clearance!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

This soft rain is perfect for tomorrow's build. It's as if it was custom ordered. Little bit of wetness to make the ground soft.

I'll be sure to eat something beforehand since Jonno-of-the-brilliant-sandwitches doesn't seem to be coming along today. Also, it's important to have something in the stomach before having one of those beers that Crow will be bringing from the Cycle Factory guys. On top of that, I'm feeling a little lightheaded after checking out the new Giant Trance X 29er in the flesh. See you all at 1pm

Guest Omega Man

Thanks to all that came. Wow. was really impressed. And the trail we made looks really nice. A nice reroute to the old and tired Puffadder trail. They say good trails don't have to be built. They just have to be cleared.

Right the next step is to build on this and get a dedicated monthly xc build day going.

That way we can get 2 build days a month. One concentrating on the gravity aspects on the mountain and one concentrating on the xc aspects.

Guest Omega Man

Rode Puffadder and the new jumps on the snakeys. Big thanks to all the builders that came out yesterday. Many hands really do make light work.

I'm really stoked that so many people could make it.

Sorry I missed you guys, got there way too late. As we were coming down the trail I saw a Landrover pulling away

Guest Omega Man

Sorry I missed you guys, got there way too late. As we were coming down the trail I saw a Landrover pulling away

There's a Downhill build this weekend so you can make up for it...

Ja, sorry man I cant commit, as I have to work saturdays. The trails are lekker now, enjoyed the new jumps. I watched this guy on an intense uzzi getting some serious air on the DH track next to the jeep track on sat. Didnt get his name.

Edited by Riyadh

Guest Omega Man

Ja, sorry man I cant commit, as I have to work saturdays. The trails are lekker now, enjoyed the new jumps. I watched this guy on an intense uzzi getting some serious air on the DH track next to the jeep track on sat. Didnt get his name.

Was the "uzzi" metalic blue? Cos then it was probly an m9. My mate karl.

hmm, could have been, wa a silver blue ' ish colour, could have been an m9 he was there with another dude on a giant reign or trance, not too sure though but he was busy recording it. I was too busy admiring the air time and taking it all it in as a learning curve. I need to practice some jumps like that.

Guest Omega Man

hmm, could have been, wa a silver blue ' ish colour, could have been an m9 he was there with another dude on a giant reign or trance, not too sure though but he was busy recording it. I was too busy admiring the air time and taking it all it in as a learning curve. I need to practice some jumps like that.

There are some nice new jumps on boomslang or whatever the other one is called. Where the track comes out at the ruins. nice easy jumps. Small. About knee high so you can get a little air without killing yourself.