MiWay insurance - Do not trust them for a second

Single Track

yeah same here,great service when it came to replacing my damaged carbon bike, finding a replacement (even at a LBs they do not normally work with). However, when I wanted them to quote me on additional cover (house, car), the process was painful, non transparent and resuluted in me moving that to the green competition. bikes are still with MiWay.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when I wanted them to quote me on additional cover (house, car), the process was painful, non transparent

I had nothing with them, they phoned me unsolicited, and I had the same cr@p.

I had similar issues with their car insurance! I was paying R800+ per month for my insurance on a Golf Velocity. When I asked them to revise my rate as I am now over 25 they said that it was not possible...but when I v

Called them to cancel they quickly made arrangements for my premium to be dropped!

We hear you! Just to let you know that we'll pass your feedback on to our Client Services Department. And if you're willing, we'd love to give you a courtesy call - feel free to mail us your contact details if you don't mind us touching base.

Regards,

The MiWayMTB Team

mtb@miway.co.za

I doesn't has insurance by you okes but I schmaak that program you have on mondays

on the skottel....

Thanks for letting us know - we schmaak your thumbs up for the MiWayMTB show on SuperSport!

Next repeat of the Wellington SA Marathon Champs is on tomorrow at 16h45 on Ch206 just in case you missed it.

Don't forget that you can follow us on Facebook for weekly updates of the show's TV schedule.

Enjoy!

The MiWayMTB Team

yeah same here,great service when it came to replacing my damaged carbon bike, finding a replacement (even at a LBs they do not normally work with). However, when I wanted them to quote me on additional cover (house, car), the process was painful, non transparent and resuluted in me moving that to the green competition. bikes are still with MiWay.

Great feedback for the claims service, thanks! But the rest...Oh no, that's not good at all!

We'd love the opportunity to investigate what went wrong and address it in training if need be - if you're willing, please mail us your details so we can do so?

Thanks,

The MiWayMTB Team

mtb@miway.co.za

i thought miway was for chicks only..........anyway my (middleman) broker uses cyclesure which kind of irritates me

i thought miway was for chicks only.

No, that's first for women. Although, at one point they were the only people I could find to insure one of my cars. So they do dudes too.

oh - just assumed that since they were pink........blush.png

I think their marketing strategy with getting involved with MTB was to target the female audience. I think it stops there.

What I can never understand is how people can have insurance without a broker. It always works out cheaper and I never have to hassle with things like this.

Read the OP and see how frustrated this company made their client. Then we have to have 20 sugary love strokes from "The MiWayMTB Team". Oh puke.

My broker; I just make 1 call/email and it's sorted. No haggling, confusion or tears.

What I can never understand is how people can have insurance without a broker.

simple.....they fall for all the hype that big marketing budgets present. Think how often you see an advert for the big insurance companies in relation to miway/outsurance/eventhatbloodyhippo....... maybe its also just a old school thing

What I can never understand is how people can have insurance without a broker. It always works out cheaper and I never have to hassle with things like this.

Read the OP and see how frustrated this company made their client. Then we have to have 20 sugary love strokes from "The MiWayMTB Team". Oh puke.

My broker; I just make 1 call/email and it's sorted. No haggling, confusion or tears.

I must say, for short term insurance, I've never used a broker, and across carious companies, with various claims, I've never had the slightest issue.

I had very positive feelings towards MiWay because of their support for mountain biking so when they phoned out of the blue and offered to quote me I went for it. Spent quite a bit of time giving all the details and was promised a quote. Three hours later someone else called asking for the details. Told him I had already given them but he said they had gone astray could I give him the details again. I did so. Two days later I get a call asking if I am happy with the quote. I ask what quote, never recieved it. Was told they would get back to me and they never did. Next day another call to discuss the quote. Again I say I never recieved it. A week later another call asking me for all the details again. At that point I said I was no longer interested

Seems a pity to create such a good marketing effort and well done to the marketing department for that. Pity so stuff it up trying to close the deal.

I bring this up with no anger at all but to give feedback to MiWay foe coming onto this forum. Perhaps these are issues that can be attended to

I had very positive feelings towards MiWay because of their support for mountain biking so when they phoned out of the blue and offered to quote me I went for it. Spent quite a bit of time giving all the details and was promised a quote. Three hours later someone else called asking for the details. Told him I had already given them but he said they had gone astray could I give him the details again. I did so. Two days later I get a call asking if I am happy with the quote. I ask what quote, never recieved it. Was told they would get back to me and they never did. Next day another call to discuss the quote. Again I say I never recieved it. A week later another call asking me for all the details again. At that point I said I was no longer interested

Yeah, that was more or less the same as my experience with them.

Problem is, as in any company the person you dealing with leaves a lasting impression

And if it's the wrong one it tends to stick

I insure my bike with mi way never had a issue, and as it was said previously they at least also show support to the sport we all love so much, so my experience is a win win

The rest of my insurance business and home is with absa , and believe me when I say I know a ton of people who say they useless !! And all I had with them was great service.

Again depends who helps you

Goes to show you can't please them all. I for one think its pretty impressive that MiWay took the effort to reply to the complaints on TheHub - even if it is all "sugary" (and btw I don't insure with MiWay)