Recommend Me a Protein Shake

P.A.K.

I use Cadbury Hot Chocolate and mix with Cold Full Cream Milk, works and tastes bloody good..... Like a good chocolate milk should....

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding Protein supplementation, Soy is my choice.

Like Helpmytrap said, most Soy is GMO unfortunately, and unless the supplement says 'GMO FREE' on the label, then it is not GMO free unfortunately.

Also when supplementing, check that there is a 'Stamp of Accountability' from an Internationally recognized Independent organization to hold the Supplement company accountable for what is on the Label.

The supplement should also state that it's made from 'food' (in the traditional human food chain), most supplements are derived from petroleum (which is also organic and natural as it comes from the ground).

That is my 2 cents :)

Optimum Nutrition, the best supplments in the world. Also FDA approved, and you want that seeing as most supplment manufacturers dont worry to much about what actually ends up in their product!

Need to run to a meeting so just some food for thought, will carry on later, you welcome to contact me if you want to discuss further, still a lot more to bring into this topic.

thanks

Mark

First off, thanks for the info Mark. Always very interesting chatting to nutrition experts.

Questions I would like to get your opinion on:

1.) Is protein only absorbed during sleep?

2.) What is your opinion on hemp protein? Heard they also contain all amino acids. Have a friend who uses it, and he gets very good results from it.

3.) What is your opinion on the available supplement companies? I have this biased opinion towards ON and ssn (budget supps) and think that most companies out there are way overcharged and their supplements don't work as it should, or is claimed.

4.) Considering I live in the res for the biggest part of the year, is there anything in particular you would recommend? I am very strongly considering a centrum multi vitamin, maybe a multi vite in particular which is more directed at 19 year old guys.

Thanks,

Waiting a response in anticipation.

Edited by wheelerdealer

• 2 weeks later...

I use this, tastes great, nice protein and proper carbs.

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k563/katotter1/IMG-20120928-00978.jpg

It don't look as if you found your Protein Shake yet!

Visit our (Independant Distributor) Herbalife 24 Site at http://www.24hrsport.co.za and see video's from the developer of our products. I would suggest you take a serious look at Herbalife 24 Rebuild Strength and Rebuild Endurance.

You can also customise your routine with your own intensity levels.

Order Online - For more Nutritional advise, click on Home and follow links.

There are also VIP Customer options. Stef 0813382501 / Engela 0761178753

BSN SYNTHA-6, I have tried them all USN, Evox, Biogen... this one...well, what can say, it does its part. After 6 weeks I checked the contents for illegal substances. There were none. It does contain the plastic sugars though; if that is a health issue for you then I'd go for Natures Choice’s new range, 100% natural. Available at PnP Pharmacy or Mopani Pharmacy. Either that or Herbalife.

Edited by Der Meister