USN for Kids - Twitter war

Thorn199

Alright Dangle. I'm not sure why you insist on making personal attacks. My integrity or lack thereof is not the topic of discussion. The CEO of a major company threatened me directly with legal action for asking some questions about his products. I exposed him and I would do it again.

Your affiliation is assumed because of the photographs I have seen of you in full USN regalia and also your constant retweeting and support for Albe's tweets. Maybe I am wrong, maybe you bought all the USN kit and just really, really like Albe.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jarrad , you accused me of being biased, so then your affiliation with 32GI is pretty much the same and perhaps the reason for causing this.

Rattlesnake ,anyone posting details of direct message has no integrity, IMHO.

Regardless of the situation or the person.

He has also been a little less transparent than you assume. He first attacked Albe as Tim Hennman and then eventually as himself, like most of you here who are very verbal behind pseudonyms.

Nothing more ,nothing less.

And my name is Anton, who are all of you ?

Edited by Dangle

Two questions?

1. Tim are you sponsored/affliated with 32GI?

2. Dangle are you sponsored/affliated with USN?

Just asking.....

Jarrad , you accused me of being biased, so then your affiliation with 32GI is pretty much the same and perhaps the reason for causing this.

Rattlesnake ,anyone posting details of direct message has no integrity, IMHO.

Regardless of the situation or the person.

He has also been a little less transparent than you assume. He first attacked Albe as Tim Hennman and then eventually as himself, like most of you here who are very verbal behind pseudonyms.

Nothing more ,nothing less.

And my name is Anton, who are all of you ?

Anton, My name is mike - not hard to find out who I am. 3 towers post made that easy.

Anyways, we should be able to have discussions on a forum without attacking each other.

From someone that read the twitter posts and this thread, it doesn't seem like Jarrad has acted without integrity to me.

I think that consumerism is a good thing, for all of us. Guys like Jarrad who will go out there at the risk of getting flamed or sued to keep food, pharma and nutrition companies honest or at least on their toes can only be a good thing - for all of us. What would these companies have to fear if they were questioned behind closed doors as opposed to a public forum? It isn't a regulated industry, so a public debate is a good informal regulatory tool.

Edited by rattlesnake

Gnarly, I expected you to be a little more mature than that.

This is not a Tim v Dangle scenario.

Perhaps red the whole thread.

Answer to your question, I am an ambassador of the brand, but don't expect me to put my neck on a block for it.

I am far from being a suicide bomber for any brand, whether it being car, bike, supplements ,shoes or whatever wlse

I have never received anything from 32GI (or any other supplements company). I actually have a problem with their marketing too: low GI carbohydrates have not been shown to be superior to high GI carbs for endurance performance. So, I'm not sure what you are talking about on that point.

I never attacked anyone. I only ever asked questions and requested evidence for claims.

I won't be drawn into a mud-slinging match, it will not accomplish anything and you seem far better at it than me in any case.

Gnarly, I expected you to be a little more mature than that.

This is not a Tim v Dangle scenario.

Perhaps red the whole thread.

Answer to your question, I am an ambassador of the brand, but don't expect me to put my neck on a block for it.

I am far from being a suicide bomber for any brand, whether it being car, bike, supplements ,shoes or whatever else.

I could always post pictures if you in 32GI kit, very much like mysel in USN kit, an if I wanted to have personal attacks with you, I would have used twitter for that which I clearly have not.

Two questions?

1. Tim are you sponsored/affliated with 32GI?

2. Dangle are you sponsored/affliated with USN?

Just asking.....

Absolutely not. The only free kit I ever received was from Transact on Joberg2c because of my medical involvement. I have absolutely no affiliation with any supplement or nutrition brand whatsoever.

This has gone off topic. Personal attacks and comparing supplements to KFC and MacD's.

When you decided to use social media as a platform, you need to accept it is the public domain. It has toppled governments, dictators and regimes this year alone.

As an ethical or moral debate, the will never be a winner in this discussion. Everybody is their own guide as to what is acceptable, and it is unlikely to be changed.

Dangle, you have the right to give your kid anything you want. You are an adult and can make informed decisions. Nobody can tell you otherwise.

TH, has the opportunity to engage anybody and question them. He has the ability to highlight issues and problems as he sees fit. If he wants to create awareness around something he is welcome to do. Nobody should question his integrity over this. He has played open cards.

The questions is, where is the original protagonist in this debate? Albe, where are you?

Edgar,

Sharp post.

Clear.

:-)

What I enjoy as an amateur athlete and consumer of products that will, hopefully, support me reaching my objectives, is that critical questions are asked of brands.

The CEO definitely failed in his leadership and lost credibility.

Edited by Puncheur

As Deon I must say that if I was threatened like that and believed it was in everybodies best interest to let in on what is truly happening, I might do the same. Why pose as a concerned CEO in public when you are resorting to threats trying to get an inquiry shut down behind closed doors.

I am puzzled by this tactic to threaten someone in privacy, I know it is what big business does, heck it's dog eat dog but to think your threats in writing on a digital platform will not be exposed is just plain naive..

Have seen USN pushing for some of their products being recognised by both Informed Sport and HFL.

Was the original invite to discus accepted? Why post selected private messages instead of the entire string, for context?

With respect Jarred, you did go on the attack, going by both twitter timelines, don't accuse someone of being personal when you follow that exact same tactic. That aside, the issues raised can hopefully be answered within the context of other products available out there.

So now the ultimate tragedy is can this be pursued objectively? I sincerely hope so.

Well the average parent is allready pumping his poor kid full of McDonalds, KFC , Pizza's and who knows what other crap, so hec why not USN too, not gonna make much of a differance

I don't know which astounds me more, the fact that the supplement industry is evidently so badly regulated, or the fact that a CEO of an established company can jeopardize the image of him and his company by responding like that? This is the reason companies have people to do PR on their behalf I suppose. Anyway they don't need my money and they are certainly not gonna get any more of it.