Running cost of SRAM XX

dmulles

I'm keen to get full XX but am worried about how much it costs to keep it all going? Any clue as to how much it would cost to change chain rings, chain, cassette and bb? How tough is it as a whole?

You should probably go through a chain and a casette in a year and the chairing you use the most should last about 2 years. This is with avg riding (6hrs a week on the mtb).

Way, way too expensive. I'll maar stick to my X0 with a nice R700 cassette and R200 chain. So I can replace my drivetrain twice more often and still have money to spare.

XX Cassette = R2300, lasts around 7000km (swopping chains at 0.75% of wear), that gave me a years riding.

Chains, well, as soon as you are at 0.75%

Chains, get the X0 equivalent.

Chainrings gave me 2years, but they still have GOOD life in them.

The rest of the components, still going strong after (close to) 4years of abuse.

Edited by NINER_boy

Its fine to run XX.... but like the others say, run sram 1070 chains and cassettes...

Likewise with Simano, its cool to have XTR, but run XT chains and cassettes...

Way, way too expensive. I'll maar stick to my X0 with a nice R700 cassette and R200 chain. So I can replace my drivetrain twice more often and still have money to spare.

Were did you buy a XO cassette for R700?9 or 10 spd?