NorthCliff Cycles Auction

Liam de Roche

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always found Alex, Liam and Christoff to be enthusiastic, pleasant and helpful. Nice guys to talk to.

They have a wide range of products - many of them top-end items.

Of course you may come across a youngster who doesn't have as much knowledge as you'd like - but if you think you know better, catch one of the more experienced guys and get a second opinion. No big deal - and that way the youngsters get to learn as they go.

If you think the prices are a bit steep, then shop around. Same as we all do for everything we buy in life. I like the fact that they are 10 mins from my house and can almost always fit me and my bike in. Sometimes convienience trumps price. Sometimes quality is worth paying for. Depends what you're buying and how you plan to use it!

PS - The Dome crits are cool - but hard work!

1st rule of service delivery:

Never over promise and under deliver.

2nd rule of service delivery:

If you fprget rule 1 don't be an arrogant about it.

Was in there on Sat am, good stock, friendly service. Prices much in line with SA retail, cant really compare to on line CRC etc

I've also only had good service from them. I can walk there from my place so it's pretty convenient to. They might be pricy but they throw in a freebee or a discount here and there.

I really don't think that Alex would've approved of the OP.

It's really a pity what damage this is going to do to his business. I personally have only ever had good service from him. Some of his younger assistants could do with some PR/Customer Service training though.

Reading some of the postings was funny. Thanx for the entertainment.

I have to add that I have found Liam at NC very helpful even tuning my bike personally on a saturday when they are very busy (much appreciated). It is regrettable that Liam didn't filter his thoughts before putting them on the hub and it will take him some work to recover lost ground. A good start will be to kick off the auctions again and continue them on a regular basis.

The fact is that they are a premium store as judged by the brands that predominate their store such as Pini and the fact that they are 5-10% more on the lesser items and more than that on the higher value items. They simply don't target the plebs scrounging for parts on the hub or the www-they target the affluent upper income market and serious racers.

...anyway thats my 5 cents....

Reading some of the postings was funny. Thanx for the entertainment.

I have to add that I have found Liam at NC very helpful even tuning my bike personally on a saturday when they are very busy (much appreciated). It is regrettable that Liam didn't filter his thoughts before putting them on the hub and it will take him some work to recover lost ground. A good start will be to kick off the auctions again and continue them on a regular basis.

The fact is that they are a premium store as judged by the brands that predominate their store such as Pini and the fact that they are 5-10% more on the lesser items and more than that on the higher value items. They simply don't target the plebs scrounging for parts on the hub or the www-they target the affluent upper income market and serious racers.

...anyway thats my 5 cents....

you sure you dont want to edit that last sentence bud?

Must say, Alex is a very pleasant guy - perhaps he should just give Liam a nice BIG wrap on the knuckles and be done with it.... and perhaps Liam should post some sort of a retraction / apology.

Morning everyone. I really do apologize if I offended any of you. I never meant for it to come across in that way. I felt that everyone was just having a go at us for something we had absolutely no control over. The net work can be a balls up at times and the bids im sure could have been different. It was the first Auction we had and we went about it the wrong way. So I REALLY do apollogise for that.

The next one will be live on the hub and everyone will be able to see exactly what is going on.

PLEASE, LADIES AND GENTS. I really am sorry for the way my comment came across and I hope you guys can forgive me and not hold it against NorthCliff Cycles.

I really hope you will take part in our next auction and if there is any queries or issues I will answer any questions.

We will be having another one shortly.

Details will be up in a few hours.

Once again I REALLY REALLY am sorry if I offended anyone

Morning everyone. I really do apologize if I offended any of you. I never meant for it to come across in that way. I felt that everyone was just having a go at us for something we had absolutely no control over. The net work can be a balls up at times and the bids im sure could have been different. It was the first Auction we had and we went about it the wrong way. So I REALLY do apollogise for that.

The next one will be live on the hub and everyone will be able to see exactly what is going on.

PLEASE, LADIES AND GENTS. I really am sorry for the way my comment came across and I hope you guys can forgive me and not hold it against NorthCliff Cycles.

I really hope you will take part in our next auction and if there is any queries or issues I will answer any questions.

We will be having another one shortly.

Details will be up in a few hours.

Once again I REALLY REALLY am sorry if I offended anyone

Well done, it takes a big man to 'fess up.

you sure you dont want to edit that last sentence bud?

fair point....they don't really target the lower to middle range of cyclists.

Well done Liam.

They simply don't target the plebs scrounging for parts on the hub or the www-they target the affluent upper income market and serious racers.

Hey who says 'upper income' types don't scrounge for parts on the 'ub?

Thank you Liam for posting a proper apology and not just a generic "bla bla bla" like most people do.

Edited by S.I.R Maxxis

Their branch in Vanderbijlpark also sucks. The lady there is clueless on cycling. Wonder if she ever did 5km on a bike?