NorthCliff Cycles Auction

Liam de Roche

Morning everyone. I really do apologize if I offended any of you. I never meant for it to come across in that way. I felt that everyone was just having a go at us for something we had absolutely no control over. The net work can be a balls up at times and the bids im sure could have been different. It was the first Auction we had and we went about it the wrong way. So I REALLY do apollogise for that.

The next one will be live on the hub and everyone will be able to see exactly what is going on.

PLEASE, LADIES AND GENTS. I really am sorry for the way my comment came across and I hope you guys can forgive me and not hold it against NorthCliff Cycles.

I really hope you will take part in our next auction and if there is any queries or issues I will answer any questions.

We will be having another one shortly.

Details will be up in a few hours.

Once again I REALLY REALLY am sorry if I offended anyone

Well done Liam ... this apology will go a long way

thumbup1.gif

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@ivr32, we have closed that branch down.

@BOPanda, you say we dont really target a certain market. Please let me know what we can do to fix it.

Funny I just saw their name on the JJCycling website as an official distributor of Bianchi's yesterday and thought, "where did I hear that name before"??? and thought I'd have to pay them a visit when I'm in town. The name must've rang a bell from the auction.

Then I come across this thread..... Good move on avoiding a complete disaster but young Liam is gonna have to keep that up bigtime to reverse the damage.

Amusing that of the numerous commentators flaming the store only one or two actually go to the shop and they all seem to have mostly good things to say.

As for the rest: Keep doing your online purchases from CRC and others and unless you were actually planning to bid on the auction or go to the shop, why bother commenting?

@ Wolverine:

The same goes for the shop. Why bother planning to expand your market online and advertise if you don't deliver on your promises. This is an online community interested in online deals.

@ivr32, we have closed that branch down.

@BOPanda, you say we dont really target a certain market. Please let me know what we can do to fix it.

Is that the cycle store at Riverside Boulevard, "next" to Dross? Vanderbijlpark Cycles?

Nope.

But i am referring to this one.

liam had a point about people just sitting on the hub all day criticizing everybody.... im sure you have a job to do instead of making stupid pictures insulting people you dont even know

liam had a point about people just sitting on the hub all day criticizing everybody.... im sure you have a job to do instead of making stupid pictures insulting people you dont even know

No i dont have a job to do.

What i do have is a day filled with running three very successful companies (all of which i own) involved in the service and sales industry.

So trust me when i say that Liams original posts were completely out of line.

I never insulted Liam, he insulted me by coming onto a public forum for cyclists - his core market- and behaving badly.

The joys of an online community is that he learnt a good valuable lesson that will save his business in the long run.

He then apologised and we all (myself included) complimented him on turning a bad situation around (you must have missed that post)

We all have since sung Kumbaya and made smoors around the campfire.

• 3 weeks later...

Last week I bought my bike (pic above) from Northcliff Cycles. These are my impressions.

Alex is a true gentleman, with an obvious passion for cycling. He dealt with me with honesty and was 100% reliable. I just know that if I ever have any issues, he will sort them out without hassle.

Liam was efficient and competent, and displayed an attention to detail in setting up my bike which really impressed me.

The price of the bike was extremely competitive.

A pro cyclist (Christoff) test rode and checked my bike before they let me take it out the shop.

And, they all treated me like a king. So, I just don’t understand any of the negativity posted on this thread – it is totally incompatible with my first time experience of NC. Oh ja, I also got to meet Chris Froome in the shop!

Lastly, I want to say how privileged and grateful I feel to own a bike like this.

Edited by Harryn