Cyclist knocked down in St James this morning

babse

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see PPA are gathering along that stretch on Wednesday morning for a silent protest... Anybody know what time?

we should be gathering outside all GA depots at 4.00am in the morning and chaining ourselves to their gates to stop their busses getting onto the roads. even if we delay them by half an hour it'll throw their timetable into a mess. that'll get everyones attention

we should be gathering outside all GA depots at 4.00am in the morning and chaining ourselves to their gates to stop their busses getting onto the roads. even if we delay them by half an hour it'll throw their timetable into a mess. that'll get everyones attention

As useful as this seems, it will only raise the anger factor and who knows what carnage can happen then! Better to play the bigger person role when we are the vulnerable ones out on the road! Far safer!

Another cyclist knocked down on Saturday the 27th October around 8:45am in Lakeside.

My friend saw it happen.

She offered him a lift but he was "fine", another cyclist cycled with him home (around the corner).

Hope he is okay. Not sure who was at fault...

Another cyclist knocked down on Saturday the 27th October around 8:45am in Lakeside.

Hope he is okay. Not sure who was at fault...

:-/

She says it was bad. He was flung into the air.

Happened at an intersection.

Eish!

She says it was bad. He was flung into the air.

Happened at an intersection.

Another GA bus or a car?

Hope he is healing and there are no complications!

SWT?

This is too close to home and its only going to get worse as the season progresses and impatience rises

Had an incident yesterday at the intersection of Sandown and Milner. Light turned green for me turning left onto Milner towards the common at about 6am. Driver came speeding down Milner Road in a bakkie from the Kromboom Road intersection heading straight through the red lights hooting and flashing me as if I was in the wrong! He was easily going at about 80kph and narrowly missed me by a whisker! He had more than enough time to slow down and stop in time instead he actually started speeding up when the light turned red!

I've heard it numerous times from non-cyclists: they just couldn't give a damn about cyclists and think we are always in the wrong causing accidents and slowing them down.

For me, the best approach, is just to be super cautious and take NOTHING for granted. I cycle as if vehicles don't see me, even when you have right of way, there's always somebody looking to take a gap / underestimating your speed.

Had an incident yesterday at the intersection of Sandown and Milner. Light turned green for me turning left onto Milner towards the common at about 6am. Driver came speeding down Milner Road in a bakkie from the Kromboom Road intersection heading straight through the red lights hooting and flashing me as if I was in the wrong! He was easily going at about 80kph and narrowly missed me by a whisker!

eek.gif

Glad you're okay, man.

That was close.

For me, the best approach, is just to be super cautious and take NOTHING for granted. I cycle as if vehicles don't see me, even when you have right of way, there's always somebody looking to take a gap / underestimating your speed.

I'm even starting to drive my car like this. People are crazy on the road...