Jens Voigt - "I just did not dope"

Squier

Respect to him for coming out and saying it. Wonder how many of the others can say the same?

Yip.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Respect to him for coming out and saying it. Wonder how many of the others can say the same?

Maybe Evans.

He's been helluva quiet.

Maybe Evans.

He's been helluva quiet.

Agreed, never seen his name in any of the scandals. I'm sure there's others and it will benefit the sport if they speak out.

Yeah suddenly Evans kind of stand out as one of those who has been hard done by the dopers. Wouldn't he be the 2005 Tour winner since it was onklyhe and Lance that didn't have a doping record out of the top 10 finishers?

Jens Voigt once entered a triathlon. Confused about the rules he rode three 100 mile time trials back-to-back, breaking the course record.

In his book Hamilton mentions that one of his biggest disappointments was a race that he and Voigt both rode in the aftermath of the USADA affair.

He pulled up next to Jens who refused to speak to him.

Why ?

I have no heroes anymore . They can all go get screwed.suck eggs.

Come TDF I will mow the lawn.

Edited by Blokman

I don't believe any of these guys anymore. I am assuming that everyone is guilty until proven innocent. Perhaps it would take another 15 years to catch the current crop of dopers, who knows, but I for don't believe that the sport is clean.

Maybe he didn't dope, but I'm finding it a touch hard to believe that the first encounter he ever had with doping was in 1998 with the huge revelations that happened that year. Maybe, just maybe, he was still too young and new on the scene to have been exposed to the doping scene, but as I see it, doping was rampant in the many years leading up to Festina. It's just a little too coincidental for me.

Edited by Robert Lofthouse

Did Ulrich ever test positive to banned substances other than recreational drugs? remember Jens was a East German... mayber he was born in a Vile of EPO? who knows... i wonder if his wife sends him back to race? just to get him out the house?

I'm a huge Jens fan but I the idea that he never doped is extremely hard to swallow, even coming from him. I totally understand why he would come out and deny it but frankly I doubt it.

I'm a huge Jens fan but I the idea that he never doped is extremely hard to swallow, even coming from him. I totally understand why he would come out and deny it but frankly I doubt it.

I agree 100%. The way he can sit on the front day after day and go on mad attacks all the time... says only one thing to me.