weekly tss score

fandacious

If you have WKO+ and a Powercal do a 20min all out effort and upload the file. Play with the ftp setting and if you return a score of 35 tss your ftp for the powercal is basically correct but will be different if you have any proper power meter.

Powercals return incorrect values though due to heart rate spikes and that increases your power spikes so unless you clean up the file and remove the huge spikes the scores are wrong.

Okay so I have a 20 minute all out effort file which I've imported into Power Agent but I cant find this "Summary Tab" or "Work tab" in which I have to adjust the FTP value till the TSS calculates as 35.

Have I got the correct poweragent software?

post-25309-0-79131500-1380515839_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your FTP is wrong or you racing every time you ride your bike. .850 / ride is not correct. Have you got rides of .9 or 1? If so, change your FTP. Your readings are false.

not really. I've had my FTP lab tested. Thats not to say its 100% correct. But .850 avg isnt very much.

You should pedal harder ;)

Correct. But you shouldn't be scoring more than 100TSS in an hour, especially during training. If you are getting more than 100TSS per hour, your FTP is set too low, which means it wasn't setup/tested correctly from the start or your ftp has gone up and you need to test to see what your new(higher) FTP is.

not always, but generally yes.

Okay so I have a 20 minute all out effort file which I've imported into Power Agent but I cant find this "Summary Tab" or "Work tab" in which I have to adjust the FTP value till the TSS calculates as 35.

Have I got the correct poweragent software?

Okay! So I figured it out. When I eventually found it my TSS was at exactly 35.2 for the 20 minute all out effort. What's the chances of that being absolutely correct??

Yes

nev, most people arent as hardcore as you and the thought of training 40hrs a week doesnt even enter our heads.

I know you were on the bike @ 430am every morning in winter, even if it was hailing outside.

kudos dude

Okay! So I figured it out. When I eventually found it my TSS was at exactly 35.2 for the 20 minute all out effort. What's the chances of that being absolutely correct??

that should put you at 105.6 tss for an hour. theorhetically you should adjust your FTP higher so that you hit 1 at an hour, but it's probable that you would not sustain your 20 minute effort over the full hour, if you depreciate your 20minute tss by 10% you would do a 95.04 tss and that means you need to lower your FTP.

Open to correction on the % drop over 20minto 1 hour.

nev, most people arent as hardcore as you and the thought of training 40hrs a week doesnt even enter our heads.

I know you were on the bike @ 430am every morning in winter, even if it was hailing outside.

kudos dude

Those massive TSS scores may only happen once or twice a year, so it's more of an exception than a rule.

Over winter I was riding about 750 - 850 TSS weeks, but with a lot of MTB that may have been underestimated due to the powercal strap. Awaiting Quarq Quattro to sort that out and plan my CTL better with dual disciplines.

Edited by Zilla

that should put you at 105.6 tss for an hour. theorhetically you should adjust your FTP higher so that you hit 1 at an hour, but it's probable that you would not sustain your 20 minute effort over the full hour, if you depreciate your 20minute tss by 10% you would do a 95.04 tss and that means you need to lower your FTP.

Open to correction on the % drop over 20minto 1 hour.

my understanding is that you take 95% of your 20min power to get your ftp. So your calculation above would be spot on

I think you putting in more hrs/week than Sauser.

He can consistently train 30-35 hours a week as a Pro... for 3-4 months, then race solidly for the rest of the year, with all day to recover. IF lower, but load higher.

I still have a day job...and a family!

Another funny stat is that during Epic he may ride a total of 30 hours in Epic. Us amateurs may take 45- 50 hours! So we would effectively do more hours and effectively a higher tss anyway!

Edited by Zilla

Those massive TSS scores may only happen once or twice a year, so it's more of an exception than a rule.

Over winter I was riding about 750 - 850 TSS weeks, but with a lot of MTB that may have been underestimated due to the powercal strap. Awaiting Quarq Quattro to sort that out and plan my CTL better with dual disciplines.

"only 850tss/week in winter"

slacking dude. I hope you're making up for those lazy winter weeks

wtf..

±5hrs - theres only one way to train. flat out ;)

"only 850tss/week in winter"

slacking dude. I hope you're making up for those lazy winter weeks

wtf..

Please excuse the noob questions but with all that TSS and the above reference to hard training, how do you okes ensure your training balance is the correct mix of hard and recovery sessions?

Please excuse the noob questions but with all that TSS and the above reference to hard training, how do you okes ensure your training balance is the correct mix of hard and recovery sessions?

haha.. when your tss is only 400, its pretty easy to recover

2500 - well thats a different story