2 laps of 94.7 route?

sometime

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can always sneek into the "Apocolypse Cows" group. These are part of the Choc cows but are the absolute racing snakes. Normally go off just after the pros (around 5.30ish) with the aim to finish in 2.5 to 3 hrs in time to ride the 2nd lap with the rest of the choc cows.

we are starting @ 5:35 (apoc cows) and will be sporting elvis suits. We are aiming for a 2:55 as we need to leave a bit of juice in the legs to push our ice cream bikes on the second lap.

BTW I am just an apoc cow poser. No way in hell can I do this ride without some of the big boys in our racing team!!!

we are starting @ 5:35 (apoc cows) and will be sporting elvis suits. We are aiming for a 2:55 as we need to leave a bit of juice in the legs to push our ice cream bikes on the second lap.

BTW I am just an apoc cow poser. No way in hell can I do this ride without some of the big boys in our racing team!!!

It's a pity I didn't make the 2 laps decision earlier as it would've been great to help a great cause like CHOC - next year!

It's a pity I didn't make the 2 laps decision earlier as it would've been great to help a great cause like CHOC - next year!

I am going to hold you to this :P

I am going to hold you to this tongue.png

i would be keen myself, having my wife diagnosed with breast cancer June this year I really want to help out!!! i feel and understand the cause!!

maybe i can still help this year if i am able to do my sub 3?

Well....if the Mrs are not coming with I am on the cards for the second loop.

Sub3 should be easy considering I wheelsuck a lot. From there I am open to be abused and used by anyone. thumbup1.gif

Helped a girl get her 03:30 last year by pacing from the start for her. Was kinda fun. Issue is I missed out on the tequila shots along the way!!

i would be keen myself, having my wife diagnosed with breast cancer June this year I really want to help out!!! i feel and understand the cause!!

Sad to hear....Goodluck my friend......

it is never to late to help. You are welcome to pm me your email address so that I can get you involved.

it is never to late to help. You are welcome to pm me your email address so that I can get you involved.

Pm sent with my email

Now that I've read this 2 lap idea, I'm thinking of doing it too.

Some years ago you weren't allowed to take your bike in at hospitality. You had to leave it in a little fenced off area, way too small for the amount of bikes and it ended up leaning against each other, others fell over etc.thumbdown.gif

So instead of fighting with Big Mike to take my bike with me in the hospitality area, we'll see how it goes for the 1st one and then do another lap.

Edited by Fester

Quite keen on this as well. Do not have somebody/somewhere to put my timing chip starting the second lap.

Will wrapping it in tin foil and putting it in my back pocket prevent the sensors from picking it up?

Quite keen on this as well. Do not have somebody/somewhere to put my timing chip starting the second lap.

Will wrapping it in tin foil and putting it in my back pocket prevent the sensors from picking it up?

Apparently just having it horizontal will stop it being picked up (so I'm told)... i think tinfoil, horizontal in your back pocket should be safe ... biggrin.png

Mr SingleTrack, shall we petition the powers-that-be to view a HubSA comment in the same light as a paper serviette contract?

Sometime, regardless the outcome of my above comment, count yourself as recruited to the herd for next year!