Kulula broke my bike on the way to 94.7

ibruegge

Hi there, flew up to Joburg this morning, my bike is now broken. Ran to the expo just in time, Solomon's drove me to their work shop, they can't fix it either (bearing broken), they were amazing - but I am no without a bike. So sad - am 1.93m, anyone got a bike?

sorry no bike but now how do they break a bearing, derailers and oher external but bearing? they must have tried hard

So sorry to hear that, they should at least pay for the repair.

Got a large 11year old Giant OCR3 without pedals standing around. Don't think it will fit you though...

Nice one - must say I had a "little" impulse purchase myself from Soloman's at the expo.. This has made me let go of my buyer's remourse! (the 20% off sticker price also helped...)

Even though I'm based in Cape Town, Solomons really went outta their way to try and help me with what i was looking for, despite all the bad ranting about their service...they are a great bunch and great to deal with too

How did Kalula break a bearing?

Well done Solomon's.

Is this just a new scam to get a better bike for rceday????

Hahaha. Finished race, in pain, cause I think new bike wasn't the right size - but hey, beats not riding at all.

The headset bearings were cracked open when we took the bike out the bag. Solomon's has also never seen anything like it - and it's not a closed bearing so we couldn't replace the bracket holding the balls. I just hope frame and fork aren't damaged.

Only saw this now. I have a Scott Elite which you could borrowed but well done Solomons for coming through, thumbup1.gif