Die Burger Cycle Tour

Cippo

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Strangely I cannot remember seeing / passing any shorter route riders on the section from the Klapmuts / Simondium Stop.

Previous years it was a mission getting past them.

Edited by Wannabe

Rode out of D this year - unfit and fat! Held on to D for 30ks - dropped back after a rider put his front wheel into the rear derailleur of another bike just in front of me. Sat up and waited for E, held on to them until the 60km mark. Then gutsed it out to the end, hopping from small group to small group. Survived to finish in 2.58 - shocker of a ride, but satisfied with the outcome under the circumstances!

That may have been me, and if it was... sorry

I was (am) so stoked about yesterday's result, I completely forgot that I do have one rant.

After finishing, I exited to the left towards the Beer tent side. As soon as I got to an open area, I stopped and removed my cycling glasses in order to remove my Helmet and Gloves. A cyclists pushing a bike came from behind and bumped into my arm, knocking my glasses out of my hand causing them to go flying forward, and then proceeded to step on them, breaking of the one arm. He did not even stop or look around, just carried on as if nothing has happened. I wanted to confront him, but knowing myself, I knew that would not be too good an idea (images of the incident at the WCE came to mind) and then decided to let it go.

Guess what, even today I am not too upset about it. laugh.png

Edited by Wannabe

I was (am) so stoked about yesterday's result, I completely forgot that I do have one rant.

After finishing, I exited to the left towards the Beer tent side. As soon as I got to an open area, I stopped and removed my cycling glasses in order to remove my Helmet and Gloves. A cyclists pushing a bike came from behind and bumped into my arm, knocking my glasses out of my hand causing them to go flying forward, and then proceeded to step on them, breaking of the one arm. He did not even stop or look around, just carried on as if nothing has happened. I wanted to confront him, but knowing myself, I knew that would not be too good an idea (images of the incident at the WCE came to mind) and then decided to let it go.

Time for some new Evil Eyes, eh?

Edited by Puncheur

It's no worth getting upset over and ruining that great feeling, besides now you can get a pair. Do you have personal all risk insurance? I lost a pair of mine at a race and they were replaced with no fuss at all.

Guess you will have to partake in the ASG auctions now. Some people are in their own little world sometimes and they could'nt give a crap about anyone else. Allthey have to do is acknowledge a mistake on their part and and say sorry. Great meeting you yesterday. Pity I cant make the charity ride on 17th. Enjoyed last years one.

I agree completely. My boy rides mainly MTB races, where they are limited to 30k events. Problem is that the Argus is a huge issue for him, so Burger is for Argus seeding and he can ride Argus but apart from that we are curtailing distance and climbs.eg. he's only allowed to ride to the mast once a month. This has been a big issue for us. I have spent a fair amount of time researching the issue and trying to ensure that he's not burnt out before he even finishes school.

excellent - a good idea is also to have him ride juvenile gears on the road. i know that the ppa don't bother too much with these issues but in the long run it teaches the youngsters good cycling technique and it saves the 'undeveloped ' legs and back from too much stress. before you know it he'll be spinning like a pro.

Btw, how do PPA allow people with bikes with tri bars into the race. They were checking for start cards and chips when the tri bars is right there in front of them. Are these allowed in PPA races.

What was your time Wannabe?