Die Burger Cycle Tour

Cippo

Well done on all the good times! Managed a 2:11 wheelsucking the $ group, as a MTBer never thought I would ever go as fast as this on a bike, scary at times! With 10 km to go my time was 2:00, doing the last 10km in 11min was just crazy! Almost felt like cheating to just wheelsuck, but pace was just too fast to do anything else. Actually felt I had a better race last year in the front of A where I did some pulling. Any way, nice to see what its like in the elite bunch!

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done on all the good times! Managed a 2:11 wheelsucking the $ group, as a MTBer never thought I would ever go as fast as this on a bike, scary at times! With 10 km to go my time was 2:00, doing the last 10km in 11min was just crazy! Almost felt like cheating to just wheelsuck, but pace was just too fast to do anything else. Actually felt I had a better race last year in the front of A where I did some pulling. Any way, nice to see what its like in the elite bunch!

finally a honest wheelsucker, good on you!

Wheelsucking is the new black or whatever tha latest trend is....

Wheelsucking is the new MTB'ing.

Edited by Meezo

To wheelsuck the $ group with a Mtb is an achievement IMO. Must've been a 29er with slicks. Lol.

You laugh.... was it this year or last year that Burry won a road race in Natal on his mountain bike. Ok that is Burry though.eek.gif

@TinyK you see the pics on actionphoto of the sprint, look like you were well ahead of the group!!!

You laugh.... was it this year or last year that Burry won a road race in Natal on his mountain bike. Ok that is Burry though.eek.gif

Yeah, that was just mal!

To wheelsuck the $ group with a Mtb is an achievement IMO. Must've been a 29er with slicks. Lol.

uh hello? He didn't say he did it on a MTB or did he? LOL! Edited by milky4130

uh hello? He didn't say he did it on a MTB or did he? LOL!

No, he implied he's only used to the speeds of MTB.

I believe he rolled on a road machine.

:-)

thats what I was thinking as well, LOL!

Yeah, I'm also there. Sorry about the cracked lens thereafter, Capcha! http://1.1.1.4/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif

Do you have a way we can search for other images or do we wait and check every refresh cycle?

Nah dont worry about the cracked lens, its only like 6-8k. Its the camera i am worried about. All the pics are up. its obviously a bit more tougher with events where there are 2-3000 entries plus. smaller ones are easier and able to shoot multiple pics of almost each rider. I am busy with some great new ideas for larger events and different ways of shooting not many people have thought of before. just like you guys and pros get their off season, mine is now too which gives me time for sometging new to test. Standby, this is going to get awsome.Site will also be updated per group number, making it easier to search. Almost forgot. There will also be 2 different websites. one for the fun riders/ sunday sportsman and then there will be the serious go hard or go home sportsman and woman website. So now you guys and girls know what to expect from next month. just on another quick note, thank you one and all for all your support and purchases this year. Wether it was a sports event or just a portrait, i am nothing without you. Edited by Capcha Photography

Nah dont worry about the cracked lens, its only like 6-8k. Its the camera i am worried about. All the pics are up. its obviously a bit more tougher with events where there are 2-3000 entries plus. smaller ones are easier and able to shoot multiple pics of almost each rider. I am busy with some great new ideas for larger events and different ways of shooting not many people have thought of before. just like you guys and pros get their off season, mine is now too which gives me time for sometging new to test. Standby, this is going to get awsome.Site will also be updated per group number, making it easier to search. Almost forgot. There will also be 2 different websites. one for the fun riders/ sunday sportsman and then there will be the serious go hard or go home sportsman and woman website. So now you guys and girls know what to expect from next month. just on another quick note, thank you one and all for all your support and purchases this year. Wether it was a sports event or just a portrait, i am nothing without you.

Nice pics.

Edited by Ceres

Yep, road machine it was. Was nie lus vir al die comments van die $ bunch oor my mtb! Don't think I would have seen Simondium with the $ bunch anyway!

Yep, road machine it was. Was nie lus vir al die comments van die $ bunch oor my mtb! Don't think I would have seen Simondium with the $ bunch anyway!

Great stuff man, wheelsucking a super bunch like that ain't easy!

Must admit, for me it was tougher than most 60-70km MTBing events. With mtbing you go as fast as you can for as long as you can, when you get tired you just go slower till you recover and then chase again. With the elites you go anyway as fast as you can, problem is when you get tired and want to recover in the same time someone launch an attack you really need to bite the bullet!

@TinyK you see the pics on actionphoto of the sprint, look like you were well ahead of the group!!!

No I didn't - where do I see it?

No I didn't - where do I see it?

Go to racetec page and look for your results. There is a small icon in far left corner that takes you directly to your pics from race.