Strava..... For dummies

rattlesnake

Love strava, best ap ever, but......don't love some of the newbies;

So in the interest of promoting peace and love in strava land, I thought I would take it upon myself to put together a few pointers on using strava (for the newbies out there with errr let's say less time to think things through properly)

1. When you finish your rides press "stop" on your garmin device BEFORE getting in your car

2. If you forget to do so, and its ok, it happens, do NOT upload your ride file.......

Why? Because you screw up the leader boards on every climb that you have driven.

Rant off, thank you.

Edited by rattlesnake

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Flag that ride! thumbup1.gif

Flagging takes effort, get notification emails almost daily lately of lost KOM,s to guys going up 7% gradient climbs at 80km/hr!

Love strava, best ap ever, but......don't love some of the newbies;

So in the interest of promoting peace and love in strava land, I thought I would take it upon myself to put together a few pointers on using strava (for the newbies out there with errr let's say less time to think things through properly)

1. When you finish your rides press "stop" on your garmin device BEFORE getting in your car

2. If you forget to do so, and its ok, it happens, do NOT upload your ride file.......

Why? Because you screw up the leader boards on every climb that you have driven.

Rant off, thank you.

Wait until someone board a plane with his Garmin still tracking - now THAT would be a serious KOM to beat...

I got some random readings on strava for my ride over the weekend. Recorded the ride with my Bryton GPS, but when uploaded to Strava the ride time is incorrect. On Brytons website its correct. I did flag the ride, as my average speed according to Strava was 58kmph through Northern Farms.

Edited by lapa

Flag that ride! thumbup1.gif

Flagging takes effort, get notification emails almost daily lately of lost KOM,s to guys going up 7% gradient climbs at 80km/hr!

I've flagged numerous rides where people are going 70+ on uphills whether I'm the KOM or not. Always good to move up on position :D

I have a strava reading that has me at something ridiculous like 190km/h - best part is that somebody took my KOM by a second. I was not in my car at the time as I do not drive to the ride.

What do you mean "flag the ride"?

laugh.png laugh.png laugh.png

must say - i hardly see any car kom's...but then very little of my ride is on tar, and when it is, it is on popular climbs so people probably flag it

P.S...all we all part of the hub group on strava? - i am

Is Strava available for BB? Looked on the web and saw only iPhone and Android.

No - you can use Endomondo then export your .gpx files to Strava

must say - i hardly see any car kom's...but then very little of my ride is on tar, and when it is, it is on popular climbs so people probably flag it

P.S...all we all part of the hub group on strava? - i am

how do I find the group on Strava?