Cyclists are rude!

Clinton1

Ah, c'est Eugene ! Voyez, nous prouvent un point que les roadies sont les cyclistes les plus polis là. Pourquoi dans l'enfer sommes-nous parler français cependant Il aurait été plus facile juste d'incliner la tête et onduler.

or, as the back-translation goes: Ah, it is Eugene! See, prove a point to us that the roadies are the most polished cyclists there. Why in the hell are us to speak French however It would have been easier just to incline the head and to undulate

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree, especially in the South of Cape Town and CBD surrounds. I moved here from the Northern subs where everyone greets, get south of Goodhoot and it's no smiles or waves. Reminds me of this video:

Shoo 8 pages on the day before christmas, i am impressed.

I did not read the full thread, but the first post reminded me of similar threads i ( also did not read) about other motorcyclists not being greeted back, or land rover dicovery owners not being greeted by defender owners, or the subaru forester forum, where guys greet old tannies driving foresters, and being skeefed out for the effort by the old lady, or moto riders on the edirt forum not being greeted by kwat riders, or the croquet forum.....

I really dont take the effort when walking to the shop to greet fellow pedestrians purely because we have the perceived common ground of both walking.

Dont read too much into it, sometimes i walk into the office without greeting anyone, purely because i dont feel like the effort of pretending that i give a crap about my co-workers.

Great post, Simon, thanks for that. A lot of what you mention makes sense and I alluded to a few of them in the first post. I suppose being a runner of many years myself I just find the difference quite startling and rather sad. It is not going to stop me from riding, and it sure won't stop me from greeting as, unlike many others on this forum, I tend to be a happy, pleasant fellow biggrin.pnggay chap

Shoo 8 pages on the day before christmas, i am impressed.

I did not read the full thread, but the first post reminded me of similar threads i ( also did not read) about other motorcyclists not being greeted back, or land rover dicovery owners not being greeted by defender owners, or the subaru forester forum, where guys greet old tannies driving foresters, and being skeefed out for the effort by the old lady, or moto riders on the edirt forum not being greeted by kwat riders, or the croquet forum.....

I really dont take the effort when walking to the shop to greet fellow pedestrians purely because we have the perceived common ground of both walking.

Dont read too much into it, sometimes i walk into the office without greeting anyone, purely because i dont feel like the effort of pretending that i give a crap about my co-workers.

Ed-Zaccary.

Edited by King_Crispy

The only thing I greet with any consistency while on a bike seems to be tarmac or trees...

We have that in common Barry

Merry xmas Barry .Taking my son and his chic to Avianto to ride and if I come across any riders I will undulate

Went for a ride this morning. Because of this thread instead of not greeting cyclists like I normally don't, I flipped the bird at then and said "f@&k you".

Went for a ride this morning. Because of this thread instead of not greeting cyclists like I normally don't, I flipped the bird at then and said "f@&k you".

Oh was that you? Merry Xmas

• 2 weeks later...

Triathletes can only do three things jog cycle and swim.

Was in the cradle on the weekend the only ones that dont know how to greet are them f^&*heads

The only thing I greet with any consistency while on a bike seems to be tarmac or trees...

laugh.png laugh.png

Tough Guy I am shaking right now thinking of seeing you on the roads.

Tough Guy I am shaking right now thinking of seeing you on the roads.

I don't know, I thought it was quite funny.

On Christmas. Nice! Good form old chap!