Fake Pina's on Gumtree

MTB_Roadie

I am typing this slowly because it is obvious you dont read good and stuff.

Brand belongs to Oakley in this case, they charge what they consider fair market value for the product and the brand. You decide whether you are prepared to pay that or not, no gun to your head.

If they charge too much or too littlle the go out of business. If not they make money, incedently the reason they are in business.

Nowhere does this allow you to steal their brand, which you detest as they overcharge in your view, so why you would want to wear a brand you think os corrupt is beyond me.

LOL!

You typed to o o o o o Slow!

I want OAK-Lee Jaws, That is what the little "O" on the side stands for. I like the Brand, but not the price. I also like the bulge the extra cash makes in my pocket after Ive paid for the fakes.

Edited by Johnny Bravo

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL!

You typed to o o o o o Slow!

I want OAK-Lee Jaws, That is what the little "O" on the side stands for. I like the Brand, but not the price. I also like the bulge the extra cash makes in my pocket after Ive paid for the fakes.

What do you pay with? R5 coins?

Do you think if everyone bought fakelys there would be a brand?

All this talk is just inviting the masses like myself into buying Chinese frames. Check the exact same thing happened on roadbikereview, a website was created for chinese open mould frames check velobuild. En most of these guys are from the States. I'm definitely against branding it something that its not, but still its your bike do what you want.

What do you pay with? R5 coins?

Do you think if everyone bought fakelys there would be a brand?

If the "BRAND" rips me off just because they can I really dont give a damb: fact is - Mr Brand buys his product from the same place i buy my fake, but he adds his 1000% margin and laughs all the wat to the bank..

If the "BRAND" rips me off just because they can I really dont give a damb: fact is - Mr Brand buys his product from the same place i buy my fake, but he adds his 1000% margin and laughs all the wat to the bank..

Ya you see here is the thing, its Mr Brands brand, he determines the price, if he wants to much it does not give you a " stealing is OK" pass

Maybe you should try stealing them out of the LBS, it would be even cheaper, and its no less wrong.

Ya you see here is the thing, its Mr Brands brand, he determines the price, if he wants to much it does not give you a " stealing is OK" pass

Maybe you should try stealing them out of the LBS, it would be even cheaper, and its no less wrong.

I dont have to steal anything - I have 5 pairs now. I bet you only buy genuine parts for you car, no MIDAS branded parts in your car, right?

;-)

But i guess thats different - If I dont stop at the stop sign Im a criminal and if you dont stop you were in a hurry??

So if I buy any of Pick 'n Pay's No-Name Brand products, I'm stealing? Will Kellogs take me to court if I put a box of Corn Flakes into my trolley, seeing they are the "famous corn flake" brand?

Just wondering.

So if I buy any of Pick 'n Pay's No-Name Brand products, I'm stealing? Will Kellogs take me to court if I put a box of Corn Flakes into my trolley, seeing they are the "famous corn flake" brand?

Just wondering.

NoName is the brand, surely its not that difficult. PnP are not riding on the Kellogs brand to sell their product but rather selling product that a manufacturer has agreed to produce for them.

What they arent doing is selling counterfeit kreepy kraulies and calling them unbranded blanks.

NoName is the brand, surely its not that difficult. PnP are not riding on the Kellogs brand to sell their product but rather selling product that a manufacturer has agreed to produce for them.

What they arent doing is selling counterfeit kreepy kraulies and calling them unbranded blanks.

I get that this thread split into to conversations. One being selling something for something its not, and the other one stealing intellectual property.

So, going with the latter, surely Kelloggs built up the reputation of "Corn Flakes", which PnP has launched its own product off? PnP wasn't first to the sheft with its product, and its based 100% on the Kellogs product?

I dont have to steal anything - I have 5 pairs now. I bet you only buy genuine parts for you car, no MIDAS branded parts in your car, right?

;-)

But i guess thats different - If I dont stop at the stop sign Im a criminal and if you dont stop you were in a hurry??

No the dealer services my car under the service plan.

But then this is not about stopping at stop streets or car parts, but rather about fake bikes copied bikes, replica bikes, tribute bikes and now about Fakelys.

If you happy to teach your kids stealing is fine, well cant help you there, good luck.

I get that this thread split into to conversations. One being selling something for something its not, and the other one stealing intellectual property.

So, going with the latter, surely Kelloggs built up the reputation of "Corn Flakes", which PnP has launched its own product off? PnP wasn't first to the sheft with its product, and its based 100% on the Kellogs product?

Patents lapse corn flakes are almost 120 years old, hence the need to protect the IP to allow the inventor to make commercial sucess.

So Kellogs a bad example.

Chaps in light of today's events, wouldn't a truce and some sign of solidarity in the cycling community mean more than trying to make each of your opinions more valid??

Lets get some perspective.

Actually Mr Brand gives his design (which he invested into) to build/make for him. There is a contract in place. Can we agree?

The company making the product is making it just for the company (Mr Brand) as this is their job in the process.

If the company making them sells direct to the market and thus under cutting the company (Mr Brand) that initially hired him he would be in breach of that contract and thus like a stolen bike he would be selling them illegally.

So in the case of your sunglasses, if they are indeed actually Oakleys such as those bought in the shops then they were sourced illegally or they are replicas using the Oakley brand, which is also illegal. In any case the value lies in the quality of the lenses. As I don't see a manufacturer willing to lose a lucrative contract with a major sunglasses company to sell a few on the side I think yours are replicas, fakes and certainly not sourced from the same factory as the store.

The store does not add all the profit, their is a distribution chain, imports, rising fuel cost, taxes which gets added on before the store adds on their bit from which they have to pay for staff,promotions, advertising, replacing, ect.

Chaps in light of today's events, wouldn't a truce and some sign of solidarity in the cycling community mean more than trying to make each of your opinions more valid??

Lets get some perspective.

You are 100%correct

This is my last post in this thread.

Actually Mr Brand gives his design (which he invested into) to build/make for him. There is a contract in place. Can we agree?

The company making the product is making it just for the company (Mr Brand) as this is their job in the process.

If the company making them sells direct to the market and thus under cutting the company (Mr Brand) that initially hired him he would be in breach of that contract and thus like a stolen bike he would be selling them illegally.

So in the case of your sunglasses, if they are indeed actually Oakleys such as those bought in the shops then they were sourced illegally or they are replicas using the Oakley brand, which is also illegal. In any case the value lies in the quality of the lenses. As I don't see a manufacturer willing to lose a lucrative contract with a major sunglasses company to sell a few on the side I think yours are replicas, fakes and certainly not sourced from the same factory as the store.

The store does not add all the profit, their is a distribution chain, imports, rising fuel cost, taxes which gets added on before the store adds on their bit from which they have to pay for staff,promotions, advertising, replacing, ect.

Lets get back to the cost of the product - there is no way in hell that you can justify the price of either the Pinarello frame(R75K) or Jawbones (R2K). Fact is that both items are priced for bragging rights - "look at me, look at me" I will never pay that money for those or any product just to have bragging rights. Fact is I am in manufacturing and do a load of business in China - I am now so tired of being ripped off that I am buying EVERYTHING from China because they manufacture everything we buy in SA anyway. I just imported solar collectors and heat pump for myself at 50% of the cost the SA suppliers charge. A saving of 15K just on the solar heating system.

South Africans tend to think that they get a better product because they are paying more for it - its all about how much you spend and not what its actually worth, A certain cycle shop in Pta(who sells Pinarello) actually have a "special edition" cycling shirt available for MEGA SPENDERS only - if that doesnt tell you anything nothing will..

So what is the latest arguement here?

1. Just that it is nog ethical to falsely brand a "no name frame" and then sell it as the real thing (nobody can deny that this is wrong)

or/and

2. It is also not right to buy a blank frame that looks like (is a copy of) a current brand/model?