Cyclists' Safety in the light of Burry and other's recent deaths - Merged Thread.

Guest Heino

I was just about to.

No worries, I'll take the blame. remember, my post count is too high and my willy is too small...

Hahaha

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did what now? laugh.png Oh please, you've never even met me. How would you even know if I've ever shouted at anyone for not wearing a helmet? (Which I haven't.) Get your facts straight, please.

The tone of this thread and your choice of title is pretty much shouting in my book.

Not sweeping anything away, just housekeeping.

Call me Martha Stewart. No, wait, her willy is probably also bigger than mine...

I was just about to.

No worries, I'll take the blame. remember, my post count is too high and my willy is too small...

And your ass is full of nacho's thumbup1.gif

Truth be told, yes it was in vain. Massive drive will be launched, foundations started etc, but nothing will really change (without proper backing from government - and PROPER punishment). Yes, lets be harsh on drunk drivers, and that's fine. Lets educate them and punish them if they hurt someone. That's dandy. The problem is not the drunk drivers of today. The problem is the drunk driver's 15 year old brother and sister sitting at home thinking how flipping cool and happening their older brother/sister is with the party life and clubbing etc, and who can't wait to hit the clubs themself. The ranks of drunk drivers get restocked each and every day. Slap the guy that killed Burry in jail..... and the taxi owner will hire another guy that bought his license somewhere. And so the cycle repeats itself.

Edited by Azonic

I was just about to.

Dont forget that you also like BoneyM...freak.

Ya, bro, the language and tone of the OP sorta opened the way for similar tone in the thread.

Like she wasn't swearing at us (or maybe she was) just swearing near us?

Go OP thumbup1.gif

The tone of this thread and your choice of title is pretty much shouting in my book.

I think you are missing the overall message whilst focussing on perceived tone.

Let me try again: If cyclists do very obvious and very visible things in disregard of the law, that gives motorists an excuse for not complying with road rules either. Would you have liked me to furnish a lengthy list of all possible transgressions? I apologise for not having done so. Instead I used as an example the one transgression I witness most. It is also the one that irritates me most, because in many cases children are involved. Children who can neither be expected to make responsible decisions on their own nor to have super-duper bike skills to avoid accidents with. I am furious with those parents. And yes, maybe I should go shout at them.

Let me try again: If cyclists do very obvious and very visible things in disregard of the law, that gives motorists an excuse for not complying with road rules either.

We have a winner.

I have heard countless motorists defend their law breaking by saying "the taxis do it"

So screw that. I'm now breaking the law on my bicycle cause motorists do it.

What BS.

Fckn motorists can jolly well obey the law. Everyone one can jolly well obey the law, regardless of who may otherwise be breaking it!

What did that oke in The Bible say? Remove the log from your own eye before you crap all over everyone else. I agree.

Edited by TNT1

There is a slight difference in not being able to afford a helmet and not being bothered to wear one.

errr...No actually not!!

where does the law allow for poverty alleviation?

The law is the law....finish & klaar....it's the same for rich & poor...

I think you are missing the overall message whilst focussing on perceived tone.

Let me try again: If cyclists do very obvious and very visible things in disregard of the law, that gives motorists an excuse for not complying with road rules either. Would you have liked me to furnish a lengthy list of all possible transgressions? I apologise for not having done so. Instead I used as an example the one transgression I witness most. It is also the one that irritates me most, because in many cases children are involved. Children who can neither be expected to make responsible decisions on their own nor to have super-duper bike skills to avoid accidents with. I am furious with those parents. And yes, maybe I should go shout at them.

Ok cool. As a parent myself, I understand your frustration at other parents' neglect. It's like not strapping kids into a child seat in the car, the kid has no say in the matter and is a victim of the parent's actions.

But for an adult cyclist who can make their own choices and is in control (or not!) of the bike, it's different. Your original post touched a raw nerve, and I stand by my statements about the over-empahsis on helmet use above other more relevant safety actions/habits.

We have a winner.

I have heard countless motorists defend their law breaking by saying "the taxis do it"

What BS.

Fckn motorists can jolly well obey the law. Everyone one can jolly well obey the law, regardless of who may otherwise be breaking it!

What did that oke in The Bible say? Remove the log from your own eye before you crap all over everyone else. I agree.

I'm not saying it's right, but that is what people do. They are always looking for an excuse for bad behaviour. Let's not give them one on a silver platter.

Seriously, how can we ask motorists to obey the laws if we don't? If both sides just act stubborn, guess who will suffer most?

Truth be told, yes it was in vain. Massive drive will be launched, foundations started etc, but nothing will really change (without proper backing from government - and PROPER punishment). Yes, lets be harsh on drunk drivers, and that's fine. Lets educate them and punish them if they hurt someone. That's dandy. The problem is not the drunk drivers of today. The problem is the drunk driver's 15 year old brother and sister sitting at home thinking how flipping cool and happening their older brother/sister is with the party life and clubbing etc, and who can't wait to hit the clubs themself. The ranks of drunk drivers get restocked each and every day. Slap the guy that killed Burry in jail..... and the taxi owner will hire another guy that bought his license somewhere. And so the cycle repeats itself.

sad - but mostly true....the cycle tends to repeat itself far too often

We have a winner.

What BS.

I don't wanna!

Anyway when I ride my bike to communion the helmet will interfere with my hat

It might be a regional problem, but in Potch I see more cyclists without helmets than with. That includes recreational cyclists and those who are more serious.

Are they so desperate to escape from Potch? Even death or being maimed is a better option...